Tyler's Shower Build

tpatching

Observer
Hot water does factor in. I have the Zodi stove top unit. It works well but it's on the big side. I will use it for the time being.

Depending on how many people are in need of a hot water shower. I have two Jerry cans one that is pressurized, and one to receive the hot water coming off of the Zodi. I remove the shower hose from the pressurized output of the Jerry can, and replace it with a shorter 1/4" hose going into the heat exchanger on the stove. The hot water output is a similar length and it fills the non pressurized Jerry with hot water. Lower pressure produces hotter water. It makes hot water pretty fast, faster than boiling 5 gallons of water in a kettle. If it's just me I leave the heat exchanger at home and use the kettle, or if it's hot enough I'll let the sun heat the Jerry cans. Obviously the more cans you have the more hot water can be produced at one time.

I realize this is a two step process however, not being connected to the hot water production source has some major benefits. I think it's a bit safer, no chance of getting scalding water on the three year old, where you can take the shower is not limited, and shorter hoses can be utilized.

I will take some photos of the whole thing functioning when I get a chance.

ibex101

Observer
shower

nice setup! Wondering if you would sell a setup for the more or less lazy person who does not want to track it all down? let me know.

Thanks

tpatching

Observer
A few photos of the whole thing in action.

Attachments

• IMG_1710.jpg
    IMG_1710.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_1699.jpg
    IMG_1699.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_1700.jpg
    IMG_1700.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 497

tpatching

Observer
nice setup! Wondering if you would sell a setup for the more or less lazy person who does not want to track it all down? let me know.

Thanks

I might be able to put something together. I will price out the items and get back to you if you are interested.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
That's a really neat set up!
happy0034.gif

I wanted a small, self contained shower unit that didn't rely on battery power, this fit the bill.

The shower has an on/off trigger and the pump handle has a clip on holder for the shower, there's a pressure release valve and the pump unscrews for refilling. Got a shoulder carry strap too.

This came from Amazon (UK). Manufacturer's website, here.

Cataloger.Image.php

Semper Paratus

Observer
Tpatching....

Finally found your shower build! I'm telling you i love this setup! Compared to the first shower i took with your rig... it is the best. Can't wait to use it again.

tpatching

Observer
Tpatching....

Finally found your shower build! I'm telling you i love this setup! Compared to the first shower i took with your rig... it is the best. Can't wait to use it again.

Glad to hear it was a better experience. Hopefully we will get plenty of opportunities to use it this summer.

overlander

Expedition Leader
I love when different parts coincidentally fit together perfectly! Great build thread for something so simple.

I would be surprised if that filter lasts long at all though. using a paper fuel filter should clog up very quickly. water in a fuel line will clog any fuel filter by making the paper swell and close off flow. you would be better off using a pond type pickup filter. they tend to be made of brass or ceramic and porous at a very small micron level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles