TX Teardrop trailer, Solar - Not Mine

SoCal Tom

Explorer
Not Mine, but It would be if I were closer
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=65116
My wife has said she would be willing to go camping with me if I could provide her with a bed she could walk around and an indoor bathroom. So I am selling it to make room for a small travel trailer.

Everything included except pots/pans and cookware. I really hate to do it but it is for the best. If interested let me know and I can give you all the specs. Price is $3500 delivery included within a couple hundred miles of the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. Outside of that we can negotiate.

It is titled and registered as a travel trailer in Texas. Registration is current and there are no liens on it. The tires only have a couple off thousand miles on them. It is always stored in the garage when not being used. It weights about 1700 lbs when loaded for a 2 week camping trip.

features:

36v 190w solar panel w/ Blue Sky MPPT charge controller.
Progressive Dynamics 40 amp power converter for shore power.
Optima Blue Top Marine battery
set up for vehicle/shore/solar power charging
2 - 120v power outlets on separate breakers. One inside for AC or other accessories. One in galley for cooking or etc. Only usable with shore power or genset. No inverter.
New 7000 series Fantastic Vent fan with remote.
12v LED interior lighting
2 - 5v USB charging ports
5000 BTU Air Conditioner (shore power only)
Fully insulated sleeping area
Independent suspension
5x4.5" hubs w/electric trailer brakes (currently has spacer/adapter to the new Cherokee bolt pattern) Easily modified by replacing the hubs to match your bolt pattern.
Aluminium Wheels with automotive tires
Multi-axis hitch rated at 12k lbs. (did I mention this was overbuilt)
approximately 18" of clearance between frame and ground.
Full metal frame under body.
sleeps 2.
entry doors on both sides.

please email me: storm@hudsonhawk.net.

Build Thread
John
Build Thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=40150
Dog House For sale: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=65116

hudsonhawk

Observer
Thank you Tom.

This is my trailer and I have worked on it for 5 years getting it to this point. To accommodate my wife we are looking at getting a travel trailer. Let me know if you have any questions. I am not adverse to making a road trip to deliver this trailer as long as there are fun places along the way.

email: storm@hudsonhawk.net or in case that does not go through john.stone@sabre.com

FYI: The suspension is the Timbren Axle-Less suspension with 2000 lb. springs, 3500 lb. spindles and 4 inch lift.

Last edited:

Zambeezy

Wow, that's an awesome looking build! I read through your post on TNTTT and you definitely didn't cut any corners on it. I'm considering whether I want to build or buy and this is definitely on my list if I decide to buy. I'm about 45 minutes north of Tulsa, so ~300 miles away from you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles