Two year circumnaviagtion of Africa in my 2007 JKUR - The Road Chose Me

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Im no mechanic but from what I have heard and researched, rotational play in the tie rod is normal, while up and down play is not. Again, I might be wrong but it is possible the tie rod is getting old.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking too - rotational = OK, up/down = NOT.

I'll keep an eye on it, and I'm thinking about replacing all the joints down in South Afirca when I do a bunch of maintenance at the half way mark.

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Man I really like how you had the J30 modified for full standing room. Ordered my J30 March 1st I wonder if it is too late and what the cost would be. Did they have to re-engineer it from the beginning or did they just cut it out for you? They should offer that as an option and call it the Grec Edition!

Give John a call and ask!

I think they have been asked multiple times, but I gather they don't want to be involved with modifying the roll bar.. that's a whole can of worms.

I agree on a "Road Chose Me" edition... hmm.

-Dan

Bam2413

Observer
Spoke with John and sounds like I will be good to go on the Road Chose Me Edition! It pushes my ship date out a few weeks into May but it will be worth it! Got the carpet and rear seats out today in preparation for dropping it off at the race shop where they will be modifying my roll cage!

I will have to find a way to pay tribute to you when I get it installed! I am going to drop it off and leave immediately so I don't have to go through the pain of seeing it :Wow1:

IMG_0473.jpg

Thanks again Dan best wishes on your trip! :beer:

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Spoke with John and sounds like I will be good to go on the Road Chose Me Edition! It pushes my ship date out a few weeks into May but it will be worth it! Got the carpet and rear seats out today in preparation for dropping it off at the race shop where they will be modifying my roll cage!

I will have to find a way to pay tribute to you when I get it installed! I am going to drop it off and leave immediately so I don't have to go through the pain of seeing it :Wow1:

View attachment 395467

Thanks again Dan best wishes on your trip! :beer:

Oh wow, that's awesome! Another one.

I don't have exact measurements of the roll bar, we basically just pushed it out into the corners of the stock hard top - you can see pics here
http://theroadchoseme.com/jeep-build-phase-1-complete

You are going to love all the interior space, please post pics when it's all done, I would love to see how you configure "downstairs".

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi Everyone,

The Jeep has been running well, though after 6,000 through 6 West African countries it was in need of some attention.

I recently performed a bunch repairs, upgrades and maintenance.
To read all about it checkout my article in the latest FREE edition of JPFreek Adventure Magazine:
http://currentissue.jpfreek.com/

jeep-africa-mud-front-720x480.jpg

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi All,

After a year of heavy daily use, I filmed a walk around of the water tank, pump and filtration system I built into my Jeep.

It's been flawless for the whole time, and is problem my most used modification.

Fire away if you have any questions on how I built it.

-Dan

Bushmaster5K

Thank you for the video update, great setup. Installed 34" KO2's on my JKUR after observing the fitment on yours. Safe travels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles