Two year circumnaviagtion of Africa in my 2007 JKUR - The Road Chose Me

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
They are bang on to my 285 KO's. 32" or so...looks awesome. they are the best tire I have used. I can just imagine what the KO2s are like.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi All,

Over the last couple of days I drove over to Nova Scotia, I'm organizing shipping to Europe now.

For 1000 miles I kept the cruise at 62 mph. Big rolling hills on the highway, some requiring 5th gear.
The Jeep is now at full expedition trim and weight with the top, tires, wheels, lift, full tank of drinking water and all my stuff inside.

Using GPS speed and distance I hand calculated 18.4mpg (US).

With the 13.8 gallon Titan Fuel Tank mounted to the tire carrier my total range is ~650 miles.

I'm very happy with that!

(Metric: The Jeep is getting 12.8L/100km, with the 52L Titan Fuel Tank on the tire carrier I have a total range of 1050km.)

-Dan

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Too bad you never hopped the boat and got on the island here. That titan tank is in my future as well. both for range in my jeep and taking fuel for my camper generator.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Finally got the completed Jeep on the scale today.

Final trim, with everything coming to Africa. 1/2 tank of gas, 1/2 tank of water and 180lbs of Dan in the driver's seat. (Titan fuel tank empty)

5980 lbs.

That's a few hundred heavier than I was aiming for, though it is what it is at this point.

Also I've been out camping around Cape Brenton Island, and it should be in a shipping container on Wednesday.

-Dan

eRilQ0x.jpg

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
Where are you planning to ship the Jeep out of, Dan? Container or RoRo?

Best of luck. The invite for a stop here in the Poconos is still open.

Jim

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Where are you planning to ship the Jeep out of, Dan? Container or RoRo?

Best of luck. The invite for a stop here in the Poconos is still open.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I'm shipping out of Halifax, Nova Scotia - with any luck it will be in the container on Wednesday, I'm organizing it right now.

Thanks again so much for the offer, I'll take you up on that one day :)

-Dan

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
The PR Team at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles filmed a short interview with me and my Jeep when I was at HQ near Detroit a few weeks back.

I'm pinching myself right now, and extremely excited to be working with them.

-Dan

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles