Two Rivian R1T being tested down in Tierra Del Fuego

shade

Apple is coming out with a streaming service?
Well crap, between Apple music, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime and Crave, these streaming services are going to cost more than cable did, lol

Rotate between them, or share an account. Adding a good digital antenna can add some variety on the cheap.

I tried watching Long Way Down, but I quickly tired of Boorman and the overall pace. In a way, it was as interesting to me as watching in-game videos of people playing video games.

One of the things that makes the Holy Trinity's travelogues work so well is the pacing. Pair McGregor with a non-wanker, have Andy Wilman run the operation, and I think it'd be dramatically better.

Last edited:

Maddmatt

Explorer

I tried watching Long Way Down, but I quickly tired of Boorman and the overall pace. In a way, it was as interesting to me as watching in-game videos of people playing video games.

One of the things that makes the Holy Trinity's travelogues work so well is the pacing. Pair McGregor with a non-wanker, have Andy Wilman run the operation, and I think it'd be dramatically better.

Agreed - I read and enjoyed Long way down and Long way around, but tried watching Long Way Around when it was on prime, only made it about 4 episodes. It felt like being at a party, and two really good friends, who you don't know, are right in the middle of a long running conversation. You just get to stand there wondering if it would be rude to move away and get another drink...

Project Ecarus

Brilliant, can't wait for this to come out. I only wish it was on Netflix!

It'll be good to see the Rivian in action in all kinds of different terrain and how they deal with recharging en route. And, yes, Alaska in winter will be tough on the batteries.

In any case, it's extremely exciting that electric overlanding is becoming a thing. Great to see there's a separate section in the forum for this growing sub-culture now. Thank you, Expedition Portal!

BTW We've been working on a website about electric overland journeys and electric off-road rigs, it's not done yet but watch this space: www.electricoverland.org

Ryan Rogers

Adventurer
First three episodes on Apple TV now. Boorman as irritating as ever but nevertheless an entertaining show.

I've been enjoying it so far. The Harley's seem half baked and full of issues. The Rivians seem to be well on their way to being competent little trucks. I really like the tow mode for charging...clever idea.

Huezee

Was it me or did the Rivians just sort of disappear halfway through Central America and then suddenly reappear in LA? I was only half watching as I was looking at maps at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles