two person cot? does it exist?

Mayne

Explorer
Go figure. Thanks for posting that. I'll have to look into that, since the teardrop may be a way off thing.

Mayne

jarmstrong

I dont't know where she got it but my wife found us an air mattress that goes on a frame that expands out and is covered with webbing that supports a bag you slide the air mattress into ,then inflate.it is about knee high but much better than laying on the ground.probably came from wally world,her favorite store.
Jerry

englishteacha

We're now using a double high intex air mattress with a built in pump. When we have electricity, we plug it in to the wall. We have an inverter for the truck/car so we can plug it in and inflate it from the vehicle. The air bed was $60ish at Cabela's. It loses a tiny bit of air during the night, but not enough that we're uncomfortable. If it's going to be cold, we can toss a foam egg crate on top. We looked and looked for a double cot and had no luck at all. We wanted to cuddle but we also didn't want to really be on the ground.

We'd thought of taking a mattress out of a sofabed or something and making a frame for it, but this was easier overall.

JR Greenhorn

Generally, I hate air mattresses, but I make an exception and can vouch for the queen-size Aero Bed. I slept on one for 8 months on the carpeted concrete floor of a duplex patio home in 2005.

I've got a broken back and I'm very fussy about what I can sleep on, but the Aero Bed did the trick. I recall only using the pump to add air a couple times a week to keep it nice and firm. I think the pump was even rechargeable on this one?

During the winter when it was -30F outside and the concrete floor was wicking away heat all night long, I had a few cold nights on it, until I figured out to put a couple of blankets under the fitted sheet.

For camping, if I were using a tent on the ground (instead of my trailer) I would defiantely have an Aero Bed for when my wife comes with.

Chili

Explorer
No experience with the Coleman cot specifically, but as JR mentions, if you are camping in cold environments you definitely need to bring extra bedding / sleeping bag to go between you and the air mattress.

jjbuck

Aerobed has a queen camping/rough service model with the velvet flocking, and, they make a non velvet flocked big man queen rated for a coupla hundred lbs.

We just replaced our queen/flocked bed after a coupla years of tent camping.

That with the adam/eve sleeping bag is worth every penny.

Bed and bag were close to $500 list price, got both discounted from different places over time, still paid about $250.

Worth every penny. Sleep in the tent as comfy, if not more, than at home.

Where we camp, nights can get down to the low 40's ... with a good ground tarp, have no had any "cold air sink" you read about on the net.

Dawgboy

Adventurer
This was my solution, a Viking Slat bed

quzu9yma.jpg

Build thread:
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=102720

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne