Two Fridge/freezer Set Up

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
Many of time in my excursions I wish I had 2 fridge/freezer set up just so I can have one dedicated to frozen items and ice for the long haul. because of cost I have yet to pull the trigger until I found a deal I could not refuse on an Engel 45 on CL locally and the seller was 5 minutes away!
I can't tell you how cheap I bought it for since I may want to sell it here sometime in the future, but it was a daylight robbery...lol
its has about 2 weeks working hours on it and it looks like new!
I have an ARB45 on my fj62 and was wandering if anyone has 2 fridge/ freezer set up. I thouhgt about installing the engel on the m416 trailer for space consideration-any thoughts?
I have a battery power set up on my trailer, dual batt set up on my fj62 and a yamaha 1000 generator for an emergency charge ups.
any thought/advise would be appreciated.

Michael Slade

Untitled
Here is my chuck wagon trailer that had (past tense) a two-fridge/freezer setup in it.

I've since sold the two fridge/freezers to locals. Wasn't using them, needed the cash...what can I say. :D

oldcj5guy

Adventurer
I have a 30 and a 60 that I have carried before with one as a freezer and one as a fridge. I keep looking at one of the new dual compartment units.
They keep looking beter and better except for the fact that the family has grown to 4 and I probably need the space I have now.

tjbliley

Observer
I think RCTR03 is running the dual fridge freeze thing with his rig and trailer. If he chimes in he can elaborate.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I am going to do dual setup

not sure if it will be a twin 45 or a 45 and 60 combi or 80 ?

my only issue with the combi units are you cant adjust the fridge temp only the freezer ? could be handy though

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
The dilema I have is weather to install the 2 unit inside the cruiser thus keeping the units cooler, more protected from the heat (Az, you know) and critters , thus loosing most of cargo capacity inside the vehicle, or to have one in the trailer(enclosed with lid..see my trailer on my built thread), and one in the cruiser..?
I guess it's a problem to have...lol

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Quite a few times I've wished I had a two unit setup or the combo unit. I think it comes down to the shear volume of perishables you need to carry. If you can't make due with the Combo unit (Engel Side by Side), it will take less precious space and simplify things. However if you have some serious food needs, you can't go wrong with two reliable units!

For reference, the MT60 Combi:
http://www.i-m-d.com/engel/MT60-Combi Main.htm

FlyingWen

Explorer
Have you thought about using a TwoZone. They are available for the 60/80 as well as the MT45.
We keep ice for Margaritas and ice cream in the bottom of ours and then out milk and veggies in the top half. There is about a 20 degree from the very bottom of our MT45 and the top of the TwoZone

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
FlyingWen said:
Have you thought about using a TwoZone. They are available for the 60/80 as well as the MT45.
We keep ice for Margaritas and ice cream in the bottom of ours and then out milk and veggies in the top half. There is about a 20 degree from the very bottom of our MT45 and the top of the TwoZone

Fact is, I already bougt it, so Ill use this 2 , I just wanted some input on install configuration- 2 in the vehicle or 1 in each, trailer and vehicle, power configuration and draw concern etc...
I'll be wating on one of your great discount sale for slide mount and insulated travel cover-btw, are the covers interchangeable between the ARB and the ENGEL?

rctr03

Adventurer
i have the engel 35 in the 101, and the arb 45 in the jeep. i use the 35 as the meat locker, opened little as possible. keeps the raw from the cooked. it runs on a optima blue top, about three days. i have a honda 2000i for field recharging. tjbliley is going to help me with the wiring this summer.
i really like the option of two seperate units, and thanks to martyn at AT, i now have the 35.

FlyingWen

Explorer
IZZYDUSIT said:
I'll be wating on one of your great discount sale for slide mount and insulated travel cover-btw, are the covers interchangeable between the ARB and the ENGEL?
The covers are interchangeable, but I have noticed that the ARB covers are roughly about $50 MORE expensive then the Engel (just an FYI).
The difference between the covers:
Engel (silver in color) has a zippered top (lid) to keep more cold air in, but you have to unzip it every time you open the fridge.
The ARB's (blue in color) lid just rests on top of the fridge letting slightly more cold air out, but it allows easier access to the cold ones in the fridge...

Keep your eyes peeled for a sale.... you never know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94