Two 130's and Something Slightly Longer

eco 45

Supporting Sponsor
Please let us know a bit more about the roll cage work, if possible.... Thanks :)

Not to worry Frank when I get to that part of the build I will show lots of detailed photos. Currently the cage is on hold till my Dormobile top arrives along with the frame for the slightly longer Defender portion of this build.

eco 45

Supporting Sponsor
Also over the holidays I was able to take a D130 apart that will part of the three builds:

IMG_6362-M.jpg
IMG_6371-M.jpg

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Wow, you've been very busy, Scott ! ! !

Understood about the cage waiting for the Dormobile top :)

That's an interesting internal cage in the above D130. Does it include the A-pillar or is it only for the B- and C-pillars, may I ask ?

Very wonderful stuff you're sharing - thanks, again !

spikemd

Explorer
Very cool build. There is beauty in simplicity with those defenders. So cool that everything is interchangeable like Legos!

eco 45

Supporting Sponsor
That's an interesting internal cage in the above D130. Does it include the A-pillar or is it only for the B- and C-pillars, may I ask ?

Roll cage is from a company by the name of Safety Devices in the UK. It has an external A-pillar bar then it goes internal for the B- and C- pillars.
IMG_6359-S.jpg

eco 45

Supporting Sponsor
Here is what three years of England exposure will do to a Puma bulkhead.....just imagine what some of the trucks are like that have been there a couple decades!

IMG_1166-S.jpg

IMG_1165-S.jpg

rherl

Scott,

I am in the process of doing the same type of build or rebuild. Currently deconstructing a 130 5 door wagon with a 110 bed and using those parts to reconstruct a 3 door 110 into a 5 door 110 and then taking the 130 down to chassis (new chassis when I purchased the truck) and galvanizing it then building it back up as a 130 5 door wagon with a 110 3 door tub. Wish I had the puma dash in my project though. It will be fun to watch the build.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Roll cage is from a company by the name of Safety Devices in the UK. It has an external A-pillar bar then it goes internal for the B- and C- pillars.

Hi Scott,

Yes, I have heard of SD. Thanks.

Oh, I see. That makes sense. It's rather tight up at the front and that's a solution.

TRIARII

Adventurer
Here is what three years of England exposure will do to a Puma bulkhead.....just imagine what some of the trucks are like that have been there a couple decades!

IMG_1166-S.jpg

IMG_1165-S.jpg

Dam thats crazy! Is that expose to road salt by any chance? Here in New England (USA) the state uses tons of road salt each winter and it does the same thing to our vehicles.

JackW

Explorer

IMG_1166-S.jpg

IMG_1165-S.jpg

And that is a prime example of why I would never want to buy a truck from England - since almost any place on that island is within 60 miles of salt water.
Plus it illustrates one of my two main gripes about Land Rover - a total lack of addressing the corrosion issue that has plagued the vehicles since they were put into production.
Other manufacturers have moved toward using corrosion resistant steel - Land Rover eliminated the galvanized body cappings on the Defenders. The original prototypes had galvanized frames - just think how much pain and suffering could have been saved if that feature had made it into production. I love my Land Rovers but I wish they would do something about corrosion prevention.

eco 45

Supporting Sponsor
Here is what a Defender 130 cab looks like after being unbolted and stacked together:

IMG_1167-M.jpg

IMG_1168-M.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles