Turn key 4Runner, 2018, $39000- SALE PENDING

taco007

Observer
2018, Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road with less than 40,000 miles. Located in SLC, UT. Leather seats. It has been heavily modified to make a reliable overlanding vehicle. The following are the important (and unimportant) upgrades:

Warn 10,000 lb winch w/ synthetic line and Factor 55 shackle (never used)
Artec slimeline bumper with Rigid 30 in lightbar
ARB dual compressor mounted under hood
Artec full skid plates (including gas tank)
Artec A-arm skids
TRD front grille
Blacked out emblems (not plasti-dip)
EEZI AWN K9 roof rack and shovel mount, side LED lights
Old Man EMU shocks
Expedition one rear bumper with dual swingouts (removable), Hi-lift jack/pull-pal mount, custom max-trax mount (carries 4), roof-top ladder, with Baja Designs rear lights
Rear rack spare-tire carrier
CBI offroad dual jerry-can carrier (not mounted)
RAM mount for iPAD
RAGO Fabrication Molle side panels (2)
Rear power fuse block for running a fridge and LED lights
SCT dual fridge/stove slide (not currently mounted in truck)

Photos on Google Photos:

IMG_0283.jpeg
IMG_0284.jpeg
IMG_0298.jpeg
IMG_0285.jpeg
IMG_0289.jpeg
IMG_0282.jpeg
IMG_0287.jpeg
IMG_0293.jpeg
IMG_0301.jpeg
IMG_0280.jpeg

Last edited:

Spooltime

Interested in seeing additional interior photos. Is this lifted, or just OME upgraded shocks? What size / make tires and how much life left on them?

jrcmlc

I was wrong. This guy backed out of the sale after he signed a sales agreement and had 3k of my $ as a deposit. Said he sold it too cheap and had to back out after I had bought plane tickets (for 4 people) and explained I was doing fly and drive. Check from credit union is on the way, but now cancelled thankfully and all the lighting gear I ordered it may be stuck with.... And I'm still waiting for my 3k back.

Note to potential sellers, don't put ******** up for sale that you don't want to sell and are going to be a ****************** about and back out of after signing papers and committing to the sale. Lol. ************************, people today. Below is a copy of his text message cancelation after he had my $ for a day and all this other stuff had happened. (keep in mind that Brian Embley here had signed an agreement to sell before I ordered a thing or got the credit union to send the check) :

"Hey Joe I apologize in advance that I have to do this but I will not be able to go through with the sale of my 4Runner. I have too much into it and jumped the gun in listing it for sale. I am sorry if this screwed up your plans. I will refund the funds tonight."

Again this is after he had my 3k deposit, signed the papers and knew a credit union check was coming and I had ordered parts for it. Jesus. Really?

maxbergi

That does sound pretty dodgy. Why would you take a deposit. As a seller if u get a ton of offers you can always pull it before money changes hands.

jrcmlc

Lol ya "dodgy" doesn't really cover it, but I'll wait until Monday and my $ still not being refunded before we get into legal stuff. Only 2 times out of maybe 20 or so purchases or sales online, some many times more $ than this, have I had ************ issues like this... And it still taints all of it. Boo.

utherjorge

Observer
Report this scumbag, and get the police involved. They will absolutely get involved, and I assume you're talking about across state lines. If so, talk to your local PD. This is easy shizz for them to deal with, and they will likely even do the calling for you. Getting a call from "Officer so and so" from your police department means an awful lot more.

I have made friends with the local guys here (the city here is filled with super polite, nice workers all around) go to church with attorneys and am Facebook friends with the DA. I had trouble locating a title that s shipper lost (no fault to the seller at all, or to the auction house) but once I spoke to the local PD, they called the big city PD who did an 11pm house visit to get the previous owner to talk. He was completely blameless, and has turned out to be a cool guy...but that was for something "simple" and nice. For money? Hahaha...they would love the chance at this, I bet.

Your police department mileage may vary, of course

utherjorge

Observer
Report this scumbag, and get the police involved. They will absolutely get involved, and I assume you're talking about across state lines. If so, talk to your local PD. This is easy shizz for them to deal with, and they will likely even do the calling for you. Getting a call from "Officer so and so" from your police department means an awful lot more.

Just looked at his profile. Looks like he likes building stuff and then selling it off shortly after. I'm thinking he's spending a lot of money and the wife sees a bill and asks what's up, and then he's got to sell. A lot of people spending big coin for fancy stuff and then rushing to get out. Seeing a lot of loaded things for sale that show the owner didn't realize how spendy tacticool can be.

jrcmlc

I've posted an update in the scam post as well but I still don't have my $. I have friends that are chiefs of police and sheriff's and some in the Illinois state police that are investigators and troopers... If I have to go that way, and I hope I don't, I have a feeling Brian Embley in slc will be getting a visit from his local pd or Utah state... But let's see what Monday brings.

Last edited:

jrcmlc

LOL, I'm more of the "let's see how this goes" before I unleash hell on someone. He may be a ************ but his reasons might be important to him, etc...my money is "pending" refund and I have no reason right now to think he won't pay my restocking fees and expenses, once he doesn't, then we'll let the police and lawyers loose, but I'd prefer it just all went smooth....well, as smooth as a douchefest like this can go at this point lol

utherjorge

Observer
LOL, I'm more of the "let's see how this goes" before I unleash hell on someone. He may be a ************ but his reasons might be important to him, etc...my money is "pending" refund and I have no reason right now to think he won't pay my restocking fees and expenses, once he doesn't, then we'll let the police and lawyers loose, but I'd prefer it just all went smooth....well, as smooth as a douchefest like this can go at this point lol

You be you. Just be mindful that there is both a clock ticking when it comes to getting money back, and a timetable for things to happen.

Starting now merely means the process begins sooner.

I don't think you need attorneys yet, but you may want to give a friendly officer a call and tell him what's up. It's possible you have no right to get the police involved...but I doubt it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior