Turbo Replacement 2010 FG 140 bad actuator

Greenbarn

We hoped it was just the actuator but apparently Mitsubishi Canada only sells it as a full assembly. I am hoping that someone may know of a less expensive alternative.
Part # ME227579 $3902.45 CDN. I am about to spend some time with Google but thought I would post here first to see anyone here had experience with this issue. I am wondering if there is a aftermarket actuator or turbo that may be more cost effective?
Thanks,
Dan

Mgblandcruiser

We hoped it was just the actuator but apparently Mitsubishi Canada only sells it as a full assembly. I am hoping that someone may know of a less expensive alternative.
Part # ME227579 $3902.45 CDN. I am about to spend some time with Google but thought I would post here first to see anyone here had experience with this issue. I am wondering if there is a aftermarket actuator or turbo that may be more cost effective?
Thanks,
Dan

Hi, there are a few part outs around my area, at least one anyway. Would that work for you? Ps: what’s your mileage use etc, to assist me in assessing overall reliability. Thx Michel 2012 fg140 220k km (new to me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

javajoe79

Fabricator
The wastegate actuator? No matter what is wrong, $3900 is a bunch of money for that. A very high end, high hp, custom turbo costs that much. You could probably find a turbo shop that could rebuild the entire thing including a new wastegate actuator for much less than that.

Greenbarn

Hi, there are a few part outs around my area, at least one anyway. Would that work for you? Ps: what’s your mileage use etc, to assist me in assessing overall reliability. Thx Michel 2012 fg140 220k km (new to me)
Mine is about 170 km and I thought that was early for a turbo problem. If you have a contact # for parts please message me. Thanks Dan

Greenbarn

The wastegate actuator? No matter what is wrong, $3900 is a bunch of money for that. A very high end, high hp, custom turbo costs that much. You could probably find a turbo shop that could rebuild the entire thing including a new wastegate actuator for much less than that.
My thinking exactly, I have contacted a few shops in Vancouver but I have no experience with aftermarket turbos for these engines don't even know if it is a thing. The Fuso electronics make things challenging.

Greenbarn

I spent some time with Google after making this post and am feeling a bit more optimistic but late Friday is no time to be making these calls. Most suppliers are out of the US and are hoping to have actuators in stock next week. Found a company in Vancouver "ADP Distribution" with branches in the US a Canada that looks like my best hope.
Any insight on suppliers or aftermarket parts is appreciated.
Thank you

biggoolies

Adventurer
The amount of labor to replace that part you are better off putting in an entire turbo unfortunately. If the used actuator is not working properly you will have to take it out all over again. Which is ALOT of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles