TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

CrewServed

"That" guy
How do you think that bumper would do against a deer?
I think it'd hold up just fine if I hit a deer at low to moderate speeds. At highway speeds, I bet there'd be some bending of the tubes, but I'm fairly certain that the 1/4" thick plate steel that make up the winch mount and crossmember mating point will be A-OK. This particular bumper, however, requires permanent modifications to your truck, and it isn't specifically designed as a "GET OFF MY TRUCK, WILD ANIMAL" bumper, like the ARB plate bumper, for example. It's $900 less expensive, too, so that's a consideration.

Here's the post I made on the installation of this Addicted Offroad dealie that you may find helpful.

motochain

Wanderer
I think it'd hold up just fine if I hit a deer at low to moderate speeds. At highway speeds, I bet there'd be some bending of the tubes, but I'm fairly certain that the 1/4" thick plate steel that make up the winch mount and crossmember mating point will be A-OK. This particular bumper, however, requires permanent modifications to your truck, and it isn't specifically designed as a "GET OFF MY TRUCK, WILD ANIMAL" bumper, like the ARB plate bumper, for example. It's $900 less expensive, too, so that's a consideration.

Here's the post I made on the installation of this Addicted Offroad dealie that you may find helpful.

That bumper is only $500? :Wow1:

motochain

Wanderer
Hmm.. It was $549 when I bought it. Looks like they bumped up the price to $599.

Simple looking bumper. But that still seems like a great price. (compared to what all is out there) I'm surprised they didn't add hoops on the ends to strengthen the long tube run.

CrewServed

"That" guy
I wondered about that, too. I'd have thought that the dingle-dangle just sort of jutting out to the wings would be on the weak side, but I'm no engineer. It's definitely a simple bumper, but I was just looking for something to hold my winch that wouldn't totally ruin my approach angle or my wallet.

motochain

Wanderer
I wondered about that, too. I'd have thought that the dingle-dangle just sort of jutting out to the wings would be on the weak side, but I'm no engineer. It's definitely a simple bumper, but I was just looking for something to hold my winch that wouldn't totally ruin my approach angle or my wallet.

Looks good! Wish I would've seen that awhile back!

character zero

dangerfoot
suspension is now on.

tundra_.jpg

KING Coilovers front (2"), bilstien 5100s & Deaver AAL rear (2") - Much better stance now.

Last edited:

MotoDave

Explorer
Geez, its like I'm copying you :)
2014-03-18%252017.35.30.jpg

Apologies for the lame driveway shot. Should be able to get some dirt on it this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior