TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

Derek24

Explorer
Nice Tundra Verde Rat!! Now I'm really kicking myself for passing on the ARB bumper, yours looks great! Are you regeared at all?

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
Nice Tundra Verde Rat!! Now I'm really kicking myself for passing on the ARB bumper, yours looks great! Are you regeared at all?

No I haven't regeared it, but I'm only running 285/75 tiers so I don't see a need too right now. although, I did put an ARB locker in the rear and it helps prevent burning out tires when I'm romping around.

iRagedoYou

Nice Tundras in this thread...

I have mostly been lurking around this site for a while now.. really enjoy all the posts and appreciate all the info on here... I figured I should post a couple of pics of my trucks.
This right here is my old Tundra in Badlands, I sold it a few years ago :( It was a great truck!

oldTundra.jpg

iRagedoYou

My current ride.. 2007 Tundra 5.7 TRD

Love this truck but I don't know if I want to keep it, I have a list of mods in mind for it but just don't know if I should invest all that money into this or buy something else more suitable for an overland type travel :/

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG1000.jpg

Falkon

Adventurer
Rage - I DD a gen 1 and I ponder that question almost daily. I love my rig, Ive wanted this exact model for a long time. But sadly the Tundra is underserved in the off road market. The down side if the Tundra is the long wheel base and bad angles.

But I can also tell you they are very capable trucks! With some lift, armor and rear locker, it begins to be a great expo platform. May cost a bit more compared to a Taco, but we have seen that done. Tundra has a lot of real estate to work with.

If you absolutely love the one your in, build it up, do some thing different. If not, then yeah, get to paltform you love and start there.

Look for bjowett and the dude for awesome examples of a gen 2 and 1.

Falkon

Adventurer
Oh, and I am in the process a slow build on mine. Starting with 5100's up front and downsizing my wheels to 16 if i can make them fit, 17 otherwise. Maybe some M/T,s, then sliders. An Arb rear locker is on the long term dream list.

-Chris
*Sent from my Droid.

huntoon

Adventurer
t100 and 1st gen ******

Love this truck but I don't know if I want to keep it, I have a list of mods in mind for it but just don't know if I should invest all that money into this or buy something else more suitable for an overland type travel :/

My two cents:

I think the 1st gen models are okay. I have a RCLB 4x4 that is awesome. Goes anywhere except the boulders. Even then, others have built their trucks to handle boulders. I have not, but mine travels on some pretty heavy and twisty terrain without issue. Mine is stock and with normal AT tires.The tires are on the less than aggressive side of AT.

T100s IMO are the best though. They are too hard to find in reasonable condition for a reasonable price.

A-Bingaman

I keep seeing a lot of people say that the tundra is not supported for offroad. I disagree, maybe not like a taco but there is still good support. Here are some pics of my gen 1. This is the alvord desert in oregon.

Attachments

• IMAG0159.jpg
    IMAG0159.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6528.JPG
    IMG_6528.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • IMAG0160.jpg
    IMAG0160.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6530.JPG
    IMG_6530.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
  • 100_2699.jpg
    100_2699.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,600
  • 100_2697.jpg
    100_2697.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,594

A-Bingaman

I wish it were LT. I have ICON coilovers and camburg upper arms. It does very well for a mid travel kit. As of now my shell is gone. I am going to do a softopper and expo rack over the top of that. The rear flares are now gone and the bedsides are pulled a full 1.5" wider. Matches the front 3" glass well.

Sportfury

Here is my 07 Tundra with 2.75" leveling kit in the front and 1.25" block in the back. At the time of the photo I was running 275/70R18 Mickey Thompson ATZ's. Now I stepped it up to 295/70R18 Nitto TrailGrapplers. Truck is almost paid off and looking to do some upgrades in suspension, exhaust, and maybe a Flippac. Should be fun.

HancockAug1509005-1.jpg

Here is what is directly behind me: Mt. Rainer

ElkGrouseSept09014-1.jpg

Logans91XJ

Dirt Road Anthem
With a small lift you can run 35's!!! Add a locker and some bumpers and you have a awesome truck! Seriously I have spent a lot of time in the new Tundra and did a ton of driving for Toyota and I can tell ya that this truck is one bad mother! 5.7 with tons of usable power,4.30 rear end, HUGE brakes, great turn radius for its size, Massive Ring and Pinion, Trans Cooler with Tow Package, 1,500 lbs of bed capacity weight, over 10,000 lbs of towing, 6 speed trans, nice big seats that fit the average to large american, Nice interior features. Honestly what more do you want. It's a truck that will do it all and gets better Gas Mileage than my 91 Cherokee. Drive it and enjoy that you have one of the best trucks ever made!

iRagedoYou

I am truly jealous of all the views you get to enjoy on daily basis. I drove out to Mt. Rainer (and many other scenic routes) from NY on my Gen 1 back in 2006... that was an awesome 16k mile road trip!

Here is my 07 Tundra with 2.75" leveling kit in the front and 1.25" block in the back. At the time of the photo I was running 275/70R18 Mickey Thompson ATZ's. Now I stepped it up to 295/70R18 Nitto TrailGrapplers. Truck is almost paid off and looking to do some upgrades in suspension, exhaust, and maybe a Flippac. Should be fun.

View attachment 77454

Here is what is directly behind me: Mt. Rainer

View attachment 77455

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier