Tundra - Transfer Flow 46 Gallon Tank - Wheelbase?

beef tits

I'm trying to find out if the Transfer Flow tank will fit on my Regular Cab Long Bed.

Can anyone confirm if the wheelbase of an RCLB is the same as an access cab with the 6.5' short-bed? It appears to be on Google searches... 145.7" for both.

So my real question is; why wouldn't this tank work on an RCLB? Transfer Flow only advertises it for access cabs and crew cabs. Perhaps they just never tested it out on an RCLB because the truck itself is so rare?

With the FWC I am lucky to get 12.5-13 MPG, keeping it at 70 MPH or less. With the 26 gallon tank, about 20 of that is actually useful... Doesn't leave for a very large range. 260 miles or so tops. $1700 for the TF tank might be worth it in the long run.

grogie

Like to Camp
^That's better then I expected! My Jeep TJ that with our without my trailer gets a solid 12. My safe range is 175 miles. I plan my trips by gas stations, and I've also started to carry at least one 3 gallon rotopax for peace of mind. :)

beef tits

^That's better then I expected! My Jeep TJ that with our without my trailer gets a solid 12. My safe range is 175 miles. I plan my trips by gas stations, and I've also started to carry at least one 3 gallon rotopax for peace of mind. :)

Wow that is bad!

I had a '99 or '01 Jeep years ago and I recall being surprised just how bad the mileage was, but I don't recall exactly how many MPGs.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I'm trying to find out if the Transfer Flow tank will fit on my Regular Cab Long Bed.

Can anyone confirm if the wheelbase of an RCLB is the same as an access cab with the 6.5' short-bed? It appears to be on Google searches... 145.7" for both.

So my real question is; why wouldn't this tank work on an RCLB? Transfer Flow only advertises it for access cabs and crew cabs. Perhaps they just never tested it out on an RCLB because the truck itself is so rare?

With the FWC I am lucky to get 12.5-13 MPG, keeping it at 70 MPH or less. With the 26 gallon tank, about 20 of that is actually useful... Doesn't leave for a very large range. 260 miles or so tops. $1700 for the TF tank might be worth it in the long run.
If you're on the left coast Aero tanks does custom work. With CARB breathing down their necks I don't know if gas is a reality though.

rruff

Explorer
It'll probably fit, but best to ask them.

I looked into getting one, but wasn't real impressed. It hangs down a bit more than the regular tank and isn't protected. Decided there were some advantages to have spare fuel in jerry cans.

EDIT: I'm also thinking about mounting an auxilairy tank under the truck. I have a load of empty space in front of the existing tank and under the cab.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior