Tundra relocation back up camera extension. Where to buy??

Skinhyfish

Observer
Been searching and looking, but can’t find a simple plug and play for my 2016 tundra back up camera. Any suggestions or leads. Thanks guys. New swing out carrier and my camera is blocked.

Lmg

This one from RSG Metalworks is for a 2010+ 4Runner, but if your connections match these, it should work. I am installing one now. The longer cable is very long. I think that the white connector is to plug into your factory harness, I will not be using that part. I am cutting the existing camera jack off, and splicing the section with the new factory camera jack on as an extension. The camera bracket is unfinished stainless steel on the one I received.

Lmg

Update: Want to let you know that the RSG harness has the exact same connection as the Toyota camera, and the other end is probably the same (they state that they are Toyora connectors), however the different colored wires are not connected to the correct terminals on the furnished connectors, so you will need to make sure the correct vehicle side wires go to the correct terminals on the relocated camera Also on a GX 460, the second harness connector will not be used, as there is no place to plug it in, at least inside the GX rear door.

Also: I received the harness at a reduced cost in exchange for writing up a procedure for the GX 460.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles