Tundra lift question

BigAl

Expedition Leader
I am looking at a 3" leveling kit that includes a 1' spacer in the rear for my 13 Tundra. I am also looking at 285/75R18 tires. They measure 35", so I am okay height wise, but if I keep my factory wheels will I have clearance issues?

775tundra

Explorer
Possibly. I tried to keep factory wheels on my 04 tundra with 285/75/16 and the side of the tire was rubbing on the UCA just have them test fit one

BlackUSK56

Dreaming of Adventure
I have a Low Range Offroad 3" leveling kit with the 1" rear blocks on my '08 Tundra, and have run 285/75/18's on the factory alloy wheels for 60k miles. I had to remove the little tiny mud flaps that are attached at the bottom of the front bumper. Then trim about piece about 3/4" x 4" off of the sides of the skid plate with a pair of tin snips. I have zero rubbing issues. I honestly think the 285/75/18 is the best size tire for the stock wheels.

amo292

Adventurer
Not to bash on anyones choices but beware of spacers as a means of lift if you plan on off roading. I haven't fallen victim to them but many others have. Check out some of the stories on tundratalk and make the choice for yourself. My suggestion is save a little while longer and actually get a coiler over lift. It will be much more forgiving on the wallet in the long run.

As for the tire size, you will be ready to roll with he above modifications.

BlackUSK56

Dreaming of Adventure
Not to bash on anyones choices but beware of spacers as a means of lift if you plan on off roading. I haven't fallen victim to them but many others have. Check out some of the stories on tundratalk and make the choice for yourself. My suggestion is save a little while longer and actually get a coiler over lift. It will be much more forgiving on the wallet in the long run.

As for the tire size, you will be ready to roll with he above modifications.

I agree that spacer lifts are not ideal for off roading. My Tundra is a tow vehicle. The closest thing to a trail it sees is a rutted construction site. If you are looking to off road on a budget look at the OME lifts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier