Tundra and a Raven

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Wonder if Toyota will ever enter the 3/4 ton market?
A full floating rear axle and beefed up frame,diffs etc would sure be nice.

Tacovendor

Explorer
Two more additions, first is an sPOD unit, a simple two wire hook up and easy installation and now my wiring is simple and functional. the switches replaced the sunglass holder.

Next is a Goose Gear storage drawer/system that's lockable and when completed will have another module in front of the drawers and will even include a custom matching dog crate!

MINO

Adventurer
How much does the Goose Gear storage system weigh and how does it attach?
I'm interested in their system and they're pretty local to me.

Last edited:

Tacovendor

Explorer
How much does the Goose Gear storage system weigh and how does it attach?
I'm interested in their system and they're pretty local to me.
Didn't weigh it, but I know it's not very heavy, I'm guessing less than a hundred pounds. It's secured to the floor by the factory seat bolts in the factory holes.

MINO

Adventurer
Didn't weigh it, but I know it's not very heavy, I'm guessing less than a hundred pounds. It's secured to the floor by the factory seat bolts in the factory holes.

Thanks for the info! Planning to pull my back seats and go with something like that or build a simple rack out of aluminum.

Have you had a chance to weigh your rig fully loaded? As a fellow Tundra owner, I'm curious where your at.

Tacovendor

Explorer
I think putting on the scale will take the adventure out of it, I'm not to worried about the overall weight. If anything I might go get some Deaver springs for it just to help out a little.

Super Doody

Explorer
never was a math guy, running around 505hp and today the computer was showing 16-19 mpg. The truck seems to not need much throttle to just cruise along.

There has been many debates between between 3/4 ton vs 1 ton trucks over at WTW. There is a particular thread on GVWR with current gen Tundras. The OP basically stated that with a FWC, its goes over the GRVWR and impacts the driveability. I have a 2006 double cab tundra and definitely feel like the truck is under powered in certain situation with a fully loaded FWC but I can't imagine the current gen Tundra with 5.7 being under powered with ~100 more hp and tq. Can you talk about overall driveability of the 5.7 tundras with the camper prior to installing the supercharger and GVWR of your setup? Too bad you can't get a 6.5' bed with the crewcab.

Thanks.

Tacovendor

Explorer
There has been many debates between between 3/4 ton vs 1 ton trucks over at WTW. There is a particular thread on GVWR with current gen Tundras. The OP basically stated that with a FWC, its goes over the GRVWR and impacts the driveability. I have a 2006 double cab tundra and definitely feel like the truck is under powered in certain situation with a fully loaded FWC but I can't imagine the current gen Tundra with 5.7 being under powered with ~100 more hp and tq. Can you talk about overall driveability of the 5.7 tundras with the camper prior to installing the supercharger and GVWR of your setup? Too bad you can't get a 6.5' bed with the crewcab.

Thanks.
The WTW great debate is quite the thread, due to everyone's different suspension and modifications, when in actuality, it's the axle and springs and the Tundra's axle is plenty strong enough. As for drivability the truck is one of the best driving vehicles I've owned. Even before the SC I never said "boy I could use more power" and as for the truck and camper and how it drives; is it different? yes. Is it ill handling? No. And with the SC the camper assists the tires with traction. As for the current GVWR, I'm no concerned, as I said when you change anything in the suspension you change your "haul amount". The Tundra is overbuilt and Toyota isn't going to put their selves in a liable by hyping up the payload.

Super Doody

Explorer
The WTW great debate is quite the thread, due to everyone's different suspension and modifications, when in actuality, it's the axle and springs and the Tundra's axle is plenty strong enough. As for drivability the truck is one of the best driving vehicles I've owned. Even before the SC I never said "boy I could use more power" and as for the truck and camper and how it drives; is it different? yes. Is it ill handling? No. And with the SC the camper assists the tires with traction. As for the current GVWR, I'm no concerned, as I said when you change anything in the suspension you change your "haul amount". The Tundra is overbuilt and Toyota isn't going to put their selves in a liable by hyping up the payload.

How does a SC provide more traction?

Tatted

Adventurer
These debates always make me laugh. Until you drive a tundra with a camper. You have no idea. You cannot compare these trucks to any other half ton. You are right, they are way overbuilt for what they are rated for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles