Tuff Stuff Alpha 2

Anarchy Joe

Observer
Fellow travelers

Anyone have one or heard any horror stories about this tent? do not really trust
site reviews as they can be what ever they want,trust the real world knowledge of fellow
travelers.

Any input is on this tent is appreciated.

NMBruce

Adventurer
I have a Alpha ll tent and for the most part it is very nice, I have used it about 18 nights. I think the quality is good, but I do have a problem with mine. I am working with TuffStuff to try and correct it, they have sent me a new mattress and the folding hinges, but I think my problem is the lid hinges. My lid hinges sit inside between the top and the frame and others I have seen are outside. So I have a nice gap and I think it’s causing the hard closing.

so the big question is what will TuffStuff do to fix this?

Attachments

• 1CEFFA81-8732-4FBE-8718-A9B822D283C5.jpeg
    1CEFFA81-8732-4FBE-8718-A9B822D283C5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • 3032D0F6-BDF8-48E9-8535-191EC863753F.jpeg
    3032D0F6-BDF8-48E9-8535-191EC863753F.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 37

Anarchy Joe

Observer
I have a Alpha ll tent and for the most part it is very nice, I have used it about 18 nights. I think the quality is good, but I do have a problem with mine. I am working with TuffStuff to try and correct it, they have sent me a new mattress and the folding hinges, but I think my problem is the lid hinges. My lid hinges sit inside between the top and the frame and others I have seen are outside. So I have a nice gap and I think it’s causing the hard closing.

so the big question is what will TuffStuff do to fix.

did tuff stuff step up and make your situation right?

NMBruce

Adventurer
did tuff stuff step up and make your situation right?
Anarchy Joe. I got a notice of a shipment via freight coming to me from TuffStuff and they said they would make it right, so I believe they are, will know more in the next couple of weeks. dont want to count my chickens before they hatch

NMBruce

Adventurer
so the big question is what will TuffStuff do to fix.

Today I received a new Alpha ll RTT from TuffStuff, so yes they they came through big time. I didn’t get pictures, but you can see the difference in where the top hinges are compared to my old one.
I have to say I my eyes TuffStuff is a first rate company and looking forward to my trips

NMBruce

Adventurer
Well the new tent will get used next week, have it mounted to the trailer, time to test it out.
it is on a lift, so that I can hook up the annex to it or leave it low for going down the road or a nights sleep354D8D37-2DE5-4992-B840-F8A61185B958.jpeg2E070470-5DCB-486E-908E-55C51BA2E362.jpeg

NMBruce

Adventurer
Today I received a new Alpha ll RTT from TuffStuff, so yes they they came through big time. I didn’t get pictures, but you can see the difference in where the top hinges are compared to my old one.
I have to say I my eyes TuffStuff is a first rate company and looking forward to my trips

I have decided to sell the first one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94