Trying to decide between SoCal teardrop and overland Explorer TDK!! Please help

RacerAV

Check out IntechRVs Flyer line up. Very cool. And size options. The Pursue might be right on the money for you.

STREGA

Explorer
No doubt the So-Cal's are well made and will last a long time as they should since they are not giving them away. I helped my brother purchase one a few years ago and they were great to work with. Also used it quite a bit and can attest to it's quality and it towed very nice behind my FJ Cruiser. Being close by them is a positive thing.

There are a ton of new companies out there building their vision of the ultimate tear drop quite a few nice ones were seen at the Expo this year. I wonder how big the teardrop market really is and how many of these newer companies will be able to keep their doors open, a lot of competition out there.

I'll second the bear tear drops. We purchased one from him in March and love it. He is a great guy to talk to and will build the trailer to your needs/budget. He called last night to check on things and asked if there were any problems/improvements for their trailers. If you have time and are in the Oceanside area make and appointment and stop by.

MtnToSea

Observer
I have a SoCal and love it (510XS). During the build, I stopped by the shop at least once a week to see the progress and the team was always open and willing to answer any questions. What really impressed me was how proud they are of their product, and rightfully so, their quality and workmanship is outstanding. If you have something specific you want, they do their best to figure out how to accomplish it for you. In the 2 years I've had mine, I've had no issues and can't think of anything I would change.

wiredinoc

Just picked up our new SCT XS offroad two months back and we've had it out 7 times. Our build was done locally, at upland hq. We have every option installed, plus a few modifications that take skill. "Drake" is running on matched 37's - same as our Jeep. The Teardrop is amazing. We absolutely love it. Build quality is awesome. I watched the build process through random visits. The construction is solid, and you can tell their production process is very mature. Only complaint is, for the premium price, a few, cheap, essentials are omitted. For instance, a battery monitor, water tank level gauge, battery disconnect, inverter, auxiliary switches, bumper, and most important - a hand brake. I have all of these options now, and have self-installed the remaining in the past few weeks. Potential buyers should also be aware that SCT produces partially completed build kits that are provided to regional builders. SCT is located in Upland, California. We love our SCT Teardrop, and look forward to many years of adventure.

2018-05-25 13.12.01.jpg

Just picked up our new SCT XS offroad two months back and we've had it out 7 times. Our build was done locally, at upland hq. We have every option installed, plus a few modifications that take skill. "Drake" is running on matched 37's - same as our Jeep. The Teardrop is amazing. We absolutely love it. Build quality is awesome. I watched the build process through random visits. The construction is solid, and you can tell their production process is very mature. Only complaint is, for the premium price, a few, cheap, essentials are omitted. For instance, a battery monitor, water tank level gauge, battery disconnect, inverter, auxiliary switches, bumper, and most important - a hand brake. I have all of these options now, and have self-installed the remaining in the past few weeks. Potential buyers should also be aware that SCT produces partially completed build kits that are provided to regional builders. SCT is located in Upland, California. We love our SCT Teardrop, and look forward to many years of adventure.

View attachment 457808
Congrats... Sweet set up! How does it tow behind the Heep? 3.6 auto? I have the 2 door but not not sure I could pull it off with the reduced towing capacity. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
Only complaint is, for the premium price, a few, cheap, essentials are omitted. For instance, a battery monitor, water tank level gauge, battery disconnect, inverter, auxiliary switches, bumper, and most important - a hand brake. ]

Same with us. We worked with Michael at Wanderlust so we could have these done right after the build was done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles