Truma Combi? users comments?

Hegear

I'm sorry I didn't respond to this a few months ago. Just revisiting this thread, and WOW these look like nice options! Tankless heating? Hell yea!
How are you finding propane consumption with something like that? That's my biggest concern with tankless.

We have a tankless heater in our home, and it uses a high volume of gas when in operation (offset by not continuously reheating a water tank, of course).
Mine is the 125g, it pulls fuel from my gas tank. It seems to be very efficient. I spent for nights in it below freezing, it dropped to 0 a few times. I kept it at 55 and just turned it up to 70 before bed and in the morning. my rig is a pop up style so no insulation in the canvas top.It didn’t use enough fuel to drop my needle on the fuel gauge. I should do a few tests to see what it’s actually using.

So far I have been amazed with this unit. The hot water is really good. Takes about 5 min to warm up, and once it’s on you get as much hot water as you can carry, only 30 gallons in my case!

It’s an expensive unit, but if you’re using it a lot I think it’s worth it.

ReluctantTraveler

Mine is the 125g, it pulls fuel from my gas tank. It seems to be very efficient. I spent for nights in it below freezing, it dropped to 0 a few times. I kept it at 55 and just turned it up to 70 before bed and in the morning. my rig is a pop up style so no insulation in the canvas top.It didn’t use enough fuel to drop my needle on the fuel gauge. I should do a few tests to see what it’s actually using.

So far I have been amazed with this unit. The hot water is really good. Takes about 5 min to warm up, and once it’s on you get as much hot water as you can carry, only 30 gallons in my case!

It’s an expensive unit, but if you’re using it a lot I think it’s worth it.

After doing some research, it looks like it's a radiator rather than forced hot air like a Propex or Suburban might be?

If that's the case, do you ever get the "knocking pipes" sound like you'd find in a traditional in-home radiator?

I'm also slightly concerned that the max water temperature rise is 55 degrees F. I'm worried that in colder camping that means showers might never really get hot enough.

Hegear

No knocking. You can sometimes hear the pump but that’s usually when you first switch it on.

It basically has a small heat exchange that has a couple of fans that blow over it. Similar to what they use for boat showers.

the water has not been an issue for me.My water tank is under a bench with the aqua hot unit close by. It usually stays around 70-80 in there so maybe that’s why mine is working so well.

I like that on my unit the burner mounts underneath the vehicle so all combustion and noise happens outside. Only the glycol is pumped inside. Safe and quiet!

lmk if you have any other questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94