Truma Combi? users comments?

LosAngeles

Hi all
I did a search and nothing came up.

anyone have a Truma Combi and is using it and Propane to heat air and water?

It seems that Hallmark will install one..... for a large price.

and
any info about the “Plus” version that can be plugged into 120v when you have shore power?

Not interested in an Espar unit. Long story. Dont ask. ?

thanks
J

locrwln

Expedition Leader
We have one in our Bundutec. So far, it is awesome. Heats up the water quickly and most importantly; it is quiet. We have had the standard RV (suburban/atwood) style heaters in other campers and this one is quieter and seems to heat the camper up better. Can't say too much about the efficiency as we haven't had a chance to use it long term. That should change at the end of the month. So far, we like it.

Jack

Grenadiers

Adventurer
We have the Combi E, and it works great. The furnace is propane only, and the water heater is propane or electrical or a combination of both. Heats up our 104 square feet of space quickly. Now idea on efficiency. Installed by previous owner.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110

sg1

Adventurer
I have a Truma and had other heaters before. The major difference is that the Truma is a lot quieter and much more compact.

kmacafee

Adventurer
I also have one in our Bundutec. Very efficient, extremely quiet and takes up little space. Well worth the extra money IMHO.

cobratom

Approved Vendor
Thank you! I have been waiting for Truma to be available in the NA market. Is this a limited on hand product or will you be able to get more in the future?

Well, it is limited to our current stock, however we are in talks with Truma.
The issue is they really do have a problem with selling to anyone but OEM's. In their opinion OEM's are trained professionals and will install the product properly.

In our opinion OEM's hire a basic workforce, and most people care more about their weekend than they do about building your van. A van owner is typically thorough and careful as they care about their van.

Darwin

Explorer
Well, it is limited to our current stock, however we are in talks with Truma.
The issue is they really do have a problem with selling to anyone but OEM's. In their opinion OEM's are trained professionals and will install the product properly.

In our opinion OEM's hire a basic workforce, and most people care more about their weekend than they do about building your van. A van owner is typically thorough and careful as they care about their van.
I have heard that about Truma NA, it's hard to make sense of it though because in Europe Truma does sell direct to the consumer I believe.

cobratom

Approved Vendor
I have heard that about Truma NA, it's hard to make sense of it though because in Europe Truma does sell direct to the consumer I believe.

I have actually hard a direct conversation with Truma NA CEO. He says that technically Truma Gmbh (Truma main) does not allow direct sales to consumers, however there are several distributors that close their eyes and allow it to happen, making it seem like this is something that is allowed. However, the Truma published warranty strictly prohibits anyone that is not trained on the device from installing it.

After some of my research, there are several consumer protection laws in the EU and the UK that strictly prohibit product limitations and availability.

BADDANDY

Adventurer
My Paseo came with the plus, 12v electric or gas for heat or hot water. Barely uses any energy, gas or electric. Has small tank though (2.6 gal) so use on/off in the shower a lot. I always restart waterheater before jumping in shower.

Conifer

We installed the Truma Combi in a Hawk Flat Bed Camper for this customer ...

https://www.instagram.com/americanadventurist/

He has since sold the truck and camper, but I think he was happy with how it functioned.

It is something we might consider for the future, but unfortunately not something that we can offer right now.

I really wish you'd reconsider this Stan. Isn't there anybody there that would look into making this at least an option?

cobratom

Approved Vendor
I really wish you'd reconsider this Stan. Isn't there anybody there that would look into making this at least an option?

I believe Stan's issue is sourcing the actual Truma unit, not the install itself. I am sure he would be happy to install a Truma unit sources from us, link in my signature. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles