True 5 Person Tent Possible? Please Help

1500Rebel

I have a friend that I camp with that has this tent:

They have a family of 6 (counting their dog), and they love it. Since this RTT comes with an annex room, a lot of times they switch up their sleeping arrangements depending on who is going on the trip. The last time I camped with them, they didn't use the annex room and all 5 of them (2 adults and 3 kids, they left the dog at home that trip) slept up top. The time before when I camped with them they slept 2 adults and 2 kids up top, and then in the lower annex room they had their other daughter, 2 of her friends, and the dog. :)

If you really wanted to go the hard-shell route, then you could always add an annex room for extra sleeping room. I have another friend who I camp with that has TSO's Alpha. Their Alphas are on their website here:

They have a family of 5 as well. Two adults, a teenager, a three and a four year old. They always use the annex room when they camp. 4 sleep up top, and the teenager sleeps in the annex room.

So, yes, there are tents out there that will fit your family. Good luck!

Randun,

This is great! Thank you for your help. I really appreciate the forum being so welcoming.

Thanks again

Ryannnz

We JUST bought our CVT RTT for our family of 5, ages 9 and under.

We have the Hybrid Denali and it will easily take the whole squad WITH the Annex...

See our video review here;

LMK the if you have any questions. We love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randun

We have the Hybrid Denali and it will easily take the whole squad WITH the Annex...

Thank you SO much for your time and your opinion. I really appreciate it!

1500Rebel

Ryannnz,

The garage, tent, and prerunner look great! I love what you are doing.

Thank you for your response.

Cprosser

Love my 23zero walkabout 87. Plenty of room for four up top 10, 4 years olds), will be getting the annex soon for the dog/changing room. The LST is awesome, totally works as advertised.

spikemd

Explorer
Here is a pick of the Overland Pros Anza 2000 tent with 5 sleeping bags. Im 6'1 but my wife is 5'1 and 3 kids from 11 to 14. We all fit for a week in Baja last week. It's doable, but u can't sprawl out. The tent is 6.5 feet long so we sleep oriented front to back.

Here is a pic with the 5 sleeping bags layed out. We can keep the bags and pillows in the tent and close it up.

20210322_191415.jpg20210307_081232_copy_2016x1512.jpg

The Tepui Autana 4 with annex can easily fit 5 people. Two downstairs on cots in the annex and 3 upstairs.. Both 23zero and CVT make an even larger tent than this. With 4 people in ours we were very comfortable and there was definitely room for one more. We are returning this tent because it leaks.. so I can't recommend it but we loved the size and it handled the wind well. Hopefully the other manufacturers make a more solid product. Good Luck

Another vote for a camper shell on your truck…provided you have the 6.5’ bed. Kids can sleep in the 5’ bed if that’s what you have. Then add a truck/suv tent annex for additional sleeping room. A much less expensive option for camping and you now have secure storage on your truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles