Trucky McTruckface - Overland Adventure Truck

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
You guys did an amazing job, very well done! You and your team are a pleasure to work with. Thank you.

KE7JFF

Adventurer
Ooo! That's very slick looking! Beats my idea of using a small cargo container.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking Good

Very nice work. Did you get both the windows and the door from TC? Are you installing any other major penetrations in the sides or roof?
I was hoping to get over there to play with the assembly, but spent my weekend under the house, doing new ductwork. You and your crew were having big fun compared to me.

pnwginger

Adventure Truck Builder
Very nice work. Did you get both the windows and the door from TC? Are you installing any other major penetrations in the sides or roof?
I was hoping to get over there to play with the assembly, but spent my weekend under the house, doing new ductwork. You and your crew were having big fun compared to me.

We sourced the windows, hatches, entry door and roof window from Outbound Motorhome products in the Netherlands. other through holes would include ventilation fan on the roof and cabin AC unit likely on the front wall. hopefully you didn't come across too many crawling or scampering new friends under there!

No, aside from the spiders, the mice and a squirrel have already done the damage, hence the new ductwork, the majority of it will now be metal, with small runs of flex to the ducts. When you live in the country, you use all flex at your own peril... I am laying out a welcome mat down there with DCon. New system is running me $15K, which pretty much blows away my box budget with Total Composites, but it has been 4 years now without a heat pump or A/C and I am getting low on firewood. I am looking at an alternative box over in Denver where I bought my truck, then gutting it and wiring and insulating it like Java did, but I need to get over the river to your place one of these days to see how your box looks in person and see what else you have going. I will send you an email from the other thread you started.

After following this build on Insta i just dusted off my EP-forum membership and looked your build up. AWE-SOME!

quick question, what are your habitationbox-measurements? Lenght, width, height?

The wife and i are trying to get an idea for our future build (probably Mercedes 1224 of Steyr 12M18 based)

pnwginger

Adventure Truck Builder
Total composites box mounted!

We are very excited to anounce that the box is now mounted to the Chassis! It sure feels great to have reached this milestone and see our project come to fruition! Now we've just got a few wiring circuits to finish up to complete the connection.

IMG_7501.jpgIMG_7466.jpgIMG_7443.jpgIMG_7480.jpg

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
So awesome. And even more awesome to see someones first post talking about all they're going to do to a rig and then see them ACTUALLY do it. Nice work.

I sure wish I had a shop like yours, too!

pnwginger

Adventure Truck Builder
After following this build on Insta i just dusted off my EP-forum membership and looked your build up. AWE-SOME!

quick question, what are your habitationbox-measurements? Lenght, width, height?

The wife and i are trying to get an idea for our future build (probably Mercedes 1224 of Steyr 12M18 based)

Thanks for following along!

The external dimensions of the box are 16' lengthl, 8' width , and 86.5" height.

Sounds like an exciting project! Can't wait to watch your progress!

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Congratulations on the cabin mounting, my friend. Quite an accomplishment, and in spite of all the hard work and clever thought it required, you got it all done in pretty much record time. Good luck moving forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles