Truckfridge fridge/freezer sale

tony_h

Just wanted to share what I thought was a good deal (no affiliation other than a customer).

Truckfridge.com is having a sale on their fridge/freezers. If you check out their Facebook page they have a coupon code that takes 25% off their web price and gives free shipping until the end of July. I purchased the TF41 and had it delivered for $411.75. While it is a Truckfridge item, it is branded as an Indel B Travel Box (which seems to be a rebranding of the Dometic/WAECO CF series), which has a good reputation from the reviews I read. I ordered it on Sunday and got it yesterday via FedEx.

I installed the handles, plugged it in, set the low voltage cut-off and turned it to ECO. The box was 81° when I turned it on and 2 hours later was at 34°. Can't wait to try it out on a road trip.

20160720_222523_zpsew5xyzvc.jpg
20160720_223030_zpsuvhdbx15.jpg

20160720_222940_zpsxjclhkfs.jpg
20160720_222948_zpsguehcujf.jpg

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Do you know what it draws and is settings digital? And do you have pic of the controls . Looking for something similar . Any one else have a input on good or bad

1Louder

Explorer
Do you know what it draws and is settings digital? And do you have pic of the controls . Looking for something similar . Any one else have a input on good or bad

Do a search. There are several threads on here and other forums. In summary the majority of the people that own this fridge are happy with it. Is it as nice an an ARB? No. Is it way more price competive? Yes. I have owned both brands. My current fridge is the Indel. There is a manual for the fridge on the Truck Fridge web site. The link is on the home page. That would be your best source of info on specs. http://www.truckfridge.com/pdf/tb_portable_series_manual.pdf

More info here: http://www.equipt1.com/Downloads/Indel-B/Indel B Travel Box Test and Comparison Report.pdf

and here: http://www.equipt1.com/item/travel-box-50-liter-fridge-freezer

Last edited:

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Indel units enjoy a decent reputation, and their price point is certainly attractive. It's good that there are lots of options out there for us to spend our money on. :)

TacomaAustin

Observer
Thanks looked at links . Does it come with both coed 12/110?

The fridge comes with two power cords, one for 12 volts DC and an A/C cord.

With regards to the temperature control, the Indel TB series use a digital controller. Be prepared to memorize some centigrade units in order to set your desired temperature. For example: +1 for almost 34°F, +2 for 35.6°F, +3 for 37.4°F and so forth. I use 0°, which is 32°F.

fredgoodsell

Adventurer
The fridge comes with two power cords, one for 12 volts DC and an A/C cord.

With regards to the temperature control, the Indel TB series use a digital controller. Be prepared to memorize some centigrade units in order to set your desired temperature. For example: +1 for almost 34°F, +2 for 35.6°F, +3 for 37.4°F and so forth. I use 0°, which is 32°F.
My indel truckfridge readout is in degrees Fahrenheit. I think this is a user-selectable option?

TacomaAustin

Observer
My indel truckfridge readout is in degrees Fahrenheit. I think this is a user-selectable option?

You are correct.

The Indel will display the current temperature in Fahrenheit by pushing both the up and down buttons simultaneously. After which time, pushing the up or down button will raise or lower the operating temperature at 2°F intervals.

Last edited:

baletag

I have had an Indel-B 50L for a few months now. It has been on a long (9,500 mile) trip to Alaska and back as well as some more local trips. Recently, we took it to Myrtle Beach State Park and it did great in the hot temperatures there. The only thing I wish was different is to have the controls on the front where the lid open. It's a minor inconvenience though. I've not owned any other fridge, so I don't have another reference point, but I've certainly been pleased with. The Indel-B.

One modification I made right off the bat was to change the 12V plug from a cigarette lighter style to a hella style plug. I have a National Luna portable power pack which has both cigarette lighter and hella outlets. I think the hella is a better connection and that also frees up the cigarette lighter outlet for something else.

rangerdogg

Adventurer
I have had an Indel-B 50L for a few months now. It has been on a long (9,500 mile) trip to Alaska and back as well as some more local trips. Recently, we took it to Myrtle Beach State Park and it did great in the hot temperatures there. The only thing I wish was different is to have the controls on the front where the lid open. It's a minor inconvenience though. I've not owned any other fridge, so I don't have another reference point, but I've certainly been pleased with. The Indel-B.

One modification I made right off the bat was to change the 12V plug from a cigarette lighter style to a hella style plug. I have a National Luna portable power pack which has both cigarette lighter and hella outlets. I think the hella is a better connection and that also frees up the cigarette lighter outlet for something else.

Bale tag thanks for input that's my only grip , and I went to myrtle beach this year . And my 3 way had a real hard time just staying cool to keep food . So I appreciate info. Now did you feel it kept food no problem ?
Thanks again

1Louder

Explorer
How do you feel about controls in back instead of front. I'm thinking of one for my truck camper

It is a minor inconvenience. I don't change the temperature often though so it isn't that big of a deal. I also have mine on a slideout so it is easy to get at the controler. I have a remote thermometer that helps keep an eye on the temp as well. One thing I have learned with this fridge vs my ARB is you either want everything frozen or use only as a fridge. The ARB I could usually stack my items to where things on top wouldn't freeze but things at the bottom would stay frozen. That doesn't seem to be the case with this fridge. I am also going to change the plug style soon.

tony_h

After using it this weekend in our SUV, I have pleased with it. It stayed at 34° inside the vehicle overnight and then all day on Saturday without running the motor. I didn't measure the voltage draw, but can qualitatively say that it is efficient.

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Great thanks for info , just placed my order . I called the Kentucky store and asked a few questions. He said their having this big sale because the close done of their warehouses.Mine was charged full price for order then they fixed it and and charged the price on fb . Mine is coming we'd after noon .

Last edited:

TacomaAustin

Observer
Indel TF-41A

Gave the Indel TF-41A a 12 hour and 24 hour test over the weekend.

IndelTF41A2.jpg

From a topped off 60 Ah battery, the temp set to 34°F @ a 75°F ambient temp:

12.7 volts after 12 hours using the Eco mode.

12.4 volts after 24 hours using the Eco mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz