Truck Vaults

Topher Walters

Adventurer
I had one with slide out drawers for a Ford F-350 longbed. They are very nice with smooth sliding drawers. They were, at the time I had mine, made out of MDF and plywood with carpeting. With a pickup and a typical camper shell I always got some small leaks when it would rain. The water would cause problems with the wood construction and the thing weighed a ton. It was hard to get in and out of the truck.

Photog

Explorer
I have one in the back of my 4Runner. It is made with marine grade MDF & plywood. It is not something you would want to take in & out. Put it in and leave it. It is the same price an any of the other drawer systems out there. Expensive. This one was $1,500.
IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IV8E0214web.jpg

I had ours built 12" tall on the inside, to fit our largest camera bag. I added the cup holders, from boat supply store. I attached ours to the floor with 4 turn-buckles. It is solid.

There is a company that builds aluminum dog kennels for truck-beds. THey will build you a nice drawer that is bolted & welded. Same price range. Not bad for custom.

If it is for your Jeep, and much smaller than ours, it might cost less too.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
considering the prices being similar why would someone by wood over an aluminum unit? i would much rather have alu or steel than wood.

jerdog53

Explorer
My thinking and use for these would be on a trailer frame so they would have to be made of aluminum and be reasonably weather proof, in the 14"-16" tall and be able to mount a roof top tent on to.

Photog

Explorer
Redline said:
Photog:

Is your vault attached to the stock tie down points in the cargo area?
Yes. THere are 2 at the rear of the cargo area, and 2 behind the rear seat.

Photog

Explorer
jerdog53 said:
My thinking and use for these would be on a trailer frame so they would have to be made of aluminum and be reasonably weather proof, in the 14"-16" tall and be able to mount a roof top tent on to.

Truck Vault makes one that is weatherproof. They tested it with a fire hose for water tightness. It is more expensive.

Here is a picture of a drawer from Crow River Co.
68612.jpg

It was being made for a 4Runner. It was made to custom specs, and was under $1300. I really like this one. This is what I will get next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles