TRUCK NO LONGER FOR SALE-Toyota FJ 40 '78 redone by Proffitt's Cruiser's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullsnake

Adventurer
Well, I HATE to list this one, but an incredible opportunity to expand my business has come up, and I am going to have to liquidate a few of my rigs to make it happen. I am definitely NOT getting away from the Expo lifestyle, but this and my Sportsmobile are going to have to find new homes to make my expansion dreams come true.

Basically, this is a like new '78 that a neighbor of mine had, and I purchased it and promptly bundled it up to send of to the Jeremiah and the guys out in Colorado to work their magic on it. It was a no expense spared, $70K build (I have the build sheet and pricing from Proffitt's -PM me if you are interested and I will email you the PDF.) that was completed late last year, and other than trailering it out to Moab for one week it has basically sat in the back of my shop. It has a documented 2,000 miles on it since the build, and everything is as new, with no scrapes or dents. A greatest hits list of some of the options:

LS 5 Corvette motor - new and built by Turn Key in California (You should see the JK guys faces when I blow by them on a long uphill grade - priceless!) :bike_rider:
Tom Woods custom drive shafts
FJ 60 axles with hardened chromoly axles and gears
Disc brakes front and rear
Proffitt's three link rear spring suspension setup
ARB lockers front and rear
ARB air pump
Vintage Air factory AC - blows 34 degrees at the vents!
Nakimichi Stereo
Proffitt's family roll cage
Proffitt's rear bumper, jerry can holder, and spare tire holder
Proffitt's step sliders
Custom leather heated front seats
Tuffy center console
Custom rear inward facing benches with seating for four
Dynamat sound deadening
Toyota rubber floor mats
Custom aluminum radiator
Custom GM 1 ton automatic transmission
And a list of a ton of other stuff that I can send anyone interested in it.

A few pictures below - let me know if you need more and I can get them for you.

Price: $45,000.00 OBO. Yes, I know this is steep, but it's .50 on the dollar for what I have in it, and if it doesn't sell I guess I'll have to hang onto it:elkgrin: I would LOVE to see this go to a good home, so let me know if anyone out there has a place for it in their shop! FJ3.jpgFJ2.jpgFJ1.jpgFJ9.jpgFJ8.jpgFJ7.jpgFJ6.jpgFJ5.jpgFJ4.jpgDSC_5370.jpg

Bullsnake

Adventurer
Wow - thanks for the kind words! This thing was a labor of love on my part, and I am REALLY going to miss it if it sells. Hopefully someone here will snag it up and I'll be able to see it out in the wild from time to time when they post up pictures of it here.

bikerjosh

Explorer
Yeah, but does it have cruise control? Just kidding- that is a thing of beauty.:drool:Good luck with the sale.

Bullsnake

Adventurer
Thanks for the kind replies! It is KILLING me to have it up here, and to walk by it every day I am out in the shop! I have decided this is the only place I am going to list it for now - if it sells here I know it will go to a nice home where someone will appreciate it and use it for what it was built for, and if it doesn't, well, I guess I'll just have to make some more memories with it in Moab!

Cruise control - I guess I could throw in a brick on the deal, but I can't be held responsible for any speeding tickets you may receive...

High_Country

Adventurer
Awesome rig, and you know what, I even dig the color. It's not one I would have thought I'd like but it looks great. Good job on the build.

Question for you: what size are the tires and wheels? I like the proportions and am getting ready to spend money on shoes for my early bronco. Are they 315/75/16's on 16-inch rims? 35x12.50's on 17's? Looks great.

Bullsnake

Adventurer
Haha! Hey Keith, how's it goin'? I'm hoping we can get something together for this weekend - if not I'll have to shoot in next week sometime for coffee over at your place. It's a beaut, but I have a few other things cooking and moving this and the Sportsmobile out will get me ahead in the business and make room for the other projects that I already have cooking.

High Country -

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you - it has been a CRAZY week at the ranch! The tires are 35x12.5 50R 17's, and it actually rides really well with them! I will probably pick up a set of Mojave ATX rims if I have no takers on the truck, as tightening the bead locks is a 2hr. / three beer affair, and if you are just knocking around town or the fire trails with it they are definitely overkill.

Thanks again for all the kind words, and making it even harder for me to list up!

skibum315

Explorer
Wife said if I get this, she gets to redo the landscaping in the yard ... :rolleyes: ... much as I'd love that as well - and I know she'd like this thing, too - I'm not sure where we'd come up with the cash for both right now. I'll let you know if I hit big on the Powerball.

Meantime, I'll keep drooling until someone snaps it up. Very nicely done truck, sir! :smiley_drive:

Bullsnake

Adventurer
Lakewood Colorado - this thing LOVES the mountains!

Wife said if I get this, she gets to redo the landscaping in the yard ... :rolleyes: ... much as I'd love that as well - and I know she'd like this thing, too - I'm not sure where we'd come up with the cash for both right now. I'll let you know if I hit big on the Powerball.

Meantime, I'll keep drooling until someone snaps it up. Very nicely done truck, sir! :smiley_drive:

STREGA

Explorer
Saw this FJ @ Proffitts when it was being restored, if I could afford to buy it my garage would be complete. :elkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz