Truck needs a new antennae

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
The antennae on my Toyota truck (1994) broke under the fender. There is some sort of metal support post below the surface of the fender and it cracked at some point and now the antennae sort of swivels around and leans over sometimes.

I was thinking of just replacing with a stock Toyota antennae, but wondering if anyone has a recommendation on an aftermarket antennae? I like to upgrade whenever possible so a not-too-costly upgrade would be considered.

What's are my options? What are your experiences? What should I avoid? Stay with stock unit?

Thank you!

JamesW

Adventurer

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Thanks for the idea. Hadn't heard of that type of antennae before. Think I want to stick with something in the fender for now though so I don't have a hole in my fender that needs covering.

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Does this still use the factory mounting system?...cause that's what's broken on my truck. My antenna is fine, only the mount under the fender is broken. That Firestik looks nice, but I tried Googling it in every possible way, but couldn't find any images/info about if it comes with new mounting hardware. Gonna try to call them next week I guess.

Nesta Edition Firestick FM Antenna.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz