Truck Fridge sale. Prices only visible in checkout.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Here in Phoenix, at 90 degrees ambient, my Engel 45 take about 1 hour to cool down
to 40 degrees in inside. If I load up items that are already cold, then it takes less time ....

Sounds like you unit is lowering the temp just fine ..

Good luck,

Mike

Im considering adding some 120mm fans to the outside vents to move more air past the radiator. I figure when im driving then the fans can be blowing max speed as the cars alternator is giving me more power than I need. should cool the fridge much faster.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
K christian -- can you please take a amp meter and see how many amp the fridge is using while running? My edgestar is using about 4.2amps when the pumps on and since yours has a danfoss motor hopefully it will use less.

Jay H

servicedriven.org
Looks very similar to my dometic that I got on ebay through through a ford parts seller. Mine is an off model that came sealed up in a box that says waeco mobile with a ford part number and has less features than than the waeco dometic. No AC connection, no light inside ect. The Danfoss compressor and controller are great. I even found a schematic on the danfoss website for the controller and added a setable low voltage cut out. Mine is a 35 a 50 would would be quite large. Nice find.

kchristian

Adventurer
K christian -- can you please take a amp meter and see how many amp the fridge is using while running? My edgestar is using about 4.2amps when the pumps on and since yours has a danfoss motor hopefully it will use less.

I don't have one with me here in Houston. All my tools are back in Colorado. I'll ask around at work and track one down. Give me a couple days, I'll post here and pm you with the results. -Christian

4x4junkie

Explorer

A measure of average current is probably a better indicator of a fridge's efficiency than the actual current draw of the motor while it is running... I would also measure over several cycles the amount of time the compressor runs each cycle, and the amount of time before it starts up again (also noting the room's temperature too).

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
I just ordered the TF41. My old Norcold Tek II crapped out and I was planning to purchase the Edgestar. The Danfoss compressor was the deciding factor.

Sold my wife on the purchase due to my perception that the Edgestar price went way up after Expo members started buying them. "We gotta get the Truckfridge before everyone starts ordering and the price goes up!" It could happen.

Another selling point was that I plan to keep the fridge under a bench seat when my Flippac is ready in October/ November. The Edgestar 43 quart is 20-13/16" high and the TF41 is 17" high. My bench seat can now be roughly 4" lower. I'm 6'-2" and the height is not a problem, but for my 5'-3" wife it is.

The 41 liter Truckfridge is 43.32 quarts.

I'll post pictures and amp readings when it arrives.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Awesome, looking forward to your update! Im really curious what the amps will be, since the edgestar's are generally a little higher than the more popular brands.

77volvo

Consumption

The Truckfridge/Indel B 50l consumes .7w when the compressor is not running, when the compressor is running on ECO my amp meter says 3.5a/44w and on MAX 5.7a/71w. Although I did not record the totals consumed, my 50l performed well, connected to 40w (labelled), actual 25w peak output measured, of solar panels and 2 - 12v 100 amp deep cycle batteries over 9 days. I set up the fridge and panels the afternoon of 8/11, and disconnected them on the morning of 8/19. Temperatures during the day were up into the 90's, but down to the lower 60's at night, and I had the thermostat set at 34. The lowest the battery voltage I observed was 12.05v, and the milk was still cold when I loaded up to head home.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
nice 3.5amps is a good amount lower than my 4.3amps. With my 30w solar panel and a little driving here and there it keeps everything charged. You should be even better off with that fridge, Maybe if my edgestar ever dies ill look into those as a replacement.

So far Im like 1year 7 months I think with my edge-star and its been in my 4runner everyday since I bought it.

aaronrules

I'm super interested in these. I have been on the fence about Edgestar...seems like a crap shoot with them. Although having the hundreds of trials with EdgeStar sure does help if and when something happens to one of them. I just hate to spend almost a grand on a name brand, when models like this and Edgestar are out there and seem to be worth ti when you factor in the price comparison.

4x4junkie

Explorer
FWIW, I measured 3.8 amps draw with my Fluke 87 on my Edgestar 43q while it was running (@12.5 volts). Sounds like they must vary a bit between units?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94