Truck camping-looking for suggestions on organization and storage

toy_tek

Adventurer
I have an old actionpacker I got as a free gift for opening a checking account in 1994 and a clear bin some ex-girlfriend left behind that are almost exactly the same size, and I've been using the pair for exactly this purpose for the last ten years. Anyway, one is dry goods, other is kitchen stuff. They pack tight inside the truck with a single cam strap, and are easily moved to the kitchen for unloading/cleaning/reloading. If I bought another I would get something else besides an actionpacker - they waste too much space with the moldings. I've been waiting all these years for it to crack or disappear or something, so I can justify replacing it, but it won't die.

jgaz

Adventurer
I have an old actionpacker I got as a free gift for opening a checking account in 1994 and a clear bin some ex-girlfriend left behind that are almost exactly the same size, and I've been using the pair for exactly this purpose for the last ten years. Anyway, one is dry goods, other is kitchen stuff. They pack tight inside the truck with a single cam strap, and are easily moved to the kitchen for unloading/cleaning/reloading. If I bought another I would get something else besides an actionpacker - they waste too much space with the moldings. I've been waiting all these years for it to crack or disappear or something, so I can justify replacing it, but it won't die.
I too used the small actionpackers for years. I recently switched one to this Plano box.

For the price I didn’t mind relegating the Rubbermade box to garage storage

Lmg

very useful boxes - they notch-in to each other when stacked. not locked, but located might be a better description. then wrap the stack with a web/ cam cleat strap.

surround with various soft bags for cushioning & noise dampening.

We used these reallyusefulboxes in our pop up camper. They happened to be the ones that stack (they may all stack, don't know) and had the channel under the lid for hanging file folders. With the camper closed up we stacked them two high and it was almost a perfect fit under the beds, and some were positioned to keep the fridge door open when the trailer was not being used. When we set up camp, my wife would take these boxes, remove the lids, set them stacked on their sides without lids, and use them as cabinet spaces. Worked out really well.

Madbodhi

Observer
Big fan of Ridgid toolboxes from Home Depot. Stackable, lockable, o-ring seal, heavy duty bail handles on the side that also serve to lock the stacked boxes together. I keep them loaded and up on a shelf ready to go.
FB_IMG_1549993363074.jpg
I modified them by burning holes with a soldering iron and using shock cord to make use of the otherwise wasted space in the top. Works great for small items.
20190212_115315.jpg

I would you I would suggest you look at some of the offerings from Maxpedition. Com. Always have pouches and packs on sale.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
Kinda been eyeing this myself lately....

I purchased the Kitchen Organizer at Expo West. Really nice piece of gear....like everything from ATC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles