Tru Spec 24-7 Xpedition Pants

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Here is a link to Tru-Spec's description: https://www.truspec.com/24-7-series/pants/men-s-24-7-xpedition-pants. Also here is a coupon code GLS-TS for 20% off at Tru Spec's site. On Amazon you might save $10 more on some colors.

I am not a fan of Tru Spec's two-tone colors but I liked the Ranger Green version. They don't have any "Expo-approved" khaki colors but do have a darker "coyote" brown available.

tru-spec-tru-spec-mens-24-7-xpedition-pants.jpg

I finally found a deal at a local store and bought a couple of pairs to try out. If you want to go cheap you can buy the CostCo $19.95 hiking pants and you get about $20 worth of quality. I was looking to find pants of higher quality that would wear well but not be as expensive as the Arcteryx or TAD brands. I have had lots of experience with North Face pants but they don't always wear well in some rough situations and it has gotten harder to get good sale prices on them.

Pretty much all of the available product reviews on line are fluff pieces that recite the specs and lay the pants on a table in front of the camera, but nothing where they have been tested hard over weeks and months. I only recall one review where the guy wore the pants on a river rafting trip and seemed happy with them after coming back. There was a review on YouTube by a guy that wore his pants to the 2018 Overland Expo in Arizona but that was not much stress on the pants.

Anyone here on Expo had any long term experience with these pants? How are they for abrasion resistance? Does the water repellent coating last very long after several wash cycles? I plan to track my experience over the next few months and share my thoughts.

I have some Tru Spec 24/7s that I wore for work. They aren’t the xpedition style, but otherwise, same design. Very comfortable, and I like the design. I have several pair of these pants and have worn them for the last several years. They are very durable. The only problem I had was the elastic waist band in one pair stretched out. I emailed Tru Spec to see if I could get some replacement elastic to sew in. Their response was, to send me a replacement pair of pants at no charge. Very good customer service. When I am out in Colorado hitting the trails, they are what I prefer to wear.

I highly recommend.

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I have a pair of these and like them so far. The side leg vents are nice in hot weather.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I have some Tru Spec 24/7s that I wore for work. They aren’t the xpedition style, but otherwise, same design. Very comfortable, and I like the design. I have several pair of these pants and have worn them for the last several years. They are very durable. The only problem I had was the elastic waist band in one pair stretched out. I emailed Tru Spec to see if I could get some replacement elastic to sew in. Their response was, to send me a replacement pair of pants at no charge. Very good customer service. When I am out in Colorado hitting the trails, they are what I prefer to wear.

I highly recommend.

I have a pair of these and like them so far. The side leg vents are nice in hot weather.

Thanks for the feedback! I've used them for a day at work and also when assembling some projects on a warm day. Very comfortable so far. I plan to get them out on some hikes in rough terrain to see how they do.

XPLRMOR

I have two pairs of Tru Spec pants different model though. They are about two years old and you couldn't tell that by looking at them. Like them for hot weather but not so much in the winter as the do not trap much heat.

I have two sets and have a ton of miles on them. I've worn their previous mil-spec gear overseas from time to time as well. Great product, super comfy, a bit hot but I love them!

Another great pant for everyday wear that won't make you a tacti-goon are VertX Delta Stretch pants in various colors. Probably the comfiest pants I've owned to date for everyday pant type wear.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
So far so good on beating up the first pair. I've waded through tangled manzanita bushes in the local national forest and not had any tears, crawled across sandpaper-like boulders without damage and multiple machine washes have not faded the color. In hot weather the zippered vent panels do seem to help to add a little cooling air flow if you are in motion.,

PabloCruise

I tried the coupon code above - GLS-TS, and it bumped the price UP from $69.71 to $74.36. Looks like they are having a spring special.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I tried the coupon code above - GLS-TS, and it bumped the price UP from $69.71 to $74.36. Looks like they are having a spring special.

That discount code is from July of 2018 but Google around and you might find something up to date or a sale somewhere

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke