Troopy (re)Build

Lachstock

Been a while between getting stuff done on this, but the main bits are coming together.

The Troopy has been in for the new pop top that we were wanting so we could refresh the skirt and get a bit more height out of it!
We had the skirt made from weather max which is a lot lighter than the original canvas and looks the goods as well.
We're really happy with how it came out and managed to get about an extra 200mm out of it! The guys out at ADP did a great job on this.

From this..
IMG_4903.JPG
To this..!
IMG_7334.jpg

Up next is finalising the interior and getting all the plumbing and electrical work done..

Last edited:

Lachstock

We have been trying to get all the final bits and pieces done before we head off in four weeks!

After a few issues with the plumbing and filter setup, it's all sealed and working again now.

IMG_7454.jpg

Had issues with some air leaks etc and traced it back to a slightly loose hose clamp underneath!

Also pulled my thumb out and got around to making the rear door table which came up pretty nice.

IMG_7622.jpg

Troopy is now in getting all the bushes etc done underneath and a swivel hub and wheel bearing rebuild prior to setting off.

Attachments

• IMG_7454.jpg
    IMG_7454.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 15

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
So, the big question is: You said driving TO Europe. I'll assume you're going ro/ro or container to somewhere and then driving to somewhere in Europe? What are the details? Asia through to the Med, or??

The Troopy is looking great!

Lachstock

So, the big question is: You said driving TO Europe. I'll assume you're going ro/ro or container to somewhere and then driving to somewhere in Europe? What are the details? Asia through to the Med, or??

The Troopy is looking great!

Hi redthies! We're containering from Brisbane to Cambodia at the start of December after a couple of months around Australia. The original plan was Malaysia but Thailand changed all the rules for campers and generally hates overlanders so we now have to ship into Cambodia. From Cambodia onto Laos, China, Mongolia, Russia, Stans, Iran, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey, then up through eastern Europe to end up in Frankfurt where my partners family lives. We're planning to hit Germany late next year. From there we have no real plan so we're gonna see what happens, might head south to escape the cold to Morocco but let's see!

We're throwing in our jobs and heading off so no real end date (unless the savings run out)!

3 weeks and 2 days till departure!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
That's awesome! We are in the process of planning a move to Spain. Might be there before you, but then again we might not...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier