Triple Aught Design?

KiwiKurt

Explorer
possibly!! going to come down to fit for me.....I have a hard time finding stuff that fits right, so it can be a process. TAD has the fabrics I am looking for as well as the durability...so hopefully the fit is there too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Canikony

I went this past saturday.. picked up some pants. I really want one of their jackets though... but its SO EXPENSIVE!! but SO NICE!!! aHHH

RangeBrover

Explorer
I went this past saturday.. picked up some pants. I really want one of their jackets though... but its SO EXPENSIVE!! but SO NICE!!! aHHH

The jacket is definitely worth it. I've worn mine for 2 years now and have spent hours under the truck and in the dirt without an issue yet.

TacticalDad

I own several pieces of TAD gear in addition to gear from all the other major tactical suppliers. I have found the quality to be notably superior. Ive been carrying a Litespeed backpack everyday for two years and it looks brand new. It is also very well designed, I can tell a lot of thought and energy went into the placement of straps, pockets and zippers etc. While it is annoying when I want to purchase something and it is un available - I wouldn't trade the quality for availability.

silvElise

Adventurer
On a side note they are having an in-store sale this weekend, thinking of taking the long mile walk to check it out!

https://tripleaughtdesign.com/about/?_ga=1.192516270.569329079.1449186580

So ended up checking out the sale, by the time I got there most of the good sales items were gone. I did really like the stealth LT jacket and was hoping it would be on sale... no dice and not one in my size. Some how ended up in hayes valley later in the day and they did have the jacket... One thing I didn't know they did was a nice 15% discount for vets/military. So my GF being the vet bought it for me for Christmas....

I must say super impressed with the jacket so far the quality is amazing and they thought about lots of cool details.

Last edited:

DiscoDavis

Explorer
bump just bought a praetorian. The made-in-china bit is surprising since I previously thought it was all US-made. That said if the new stuff is as good as their 2007-2009 stuff I'll take it. Does anyone have any feedback on the praetorian? Been reading reviews lately.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
To follow up my earlier post:

Got a Praetorian, yes made in China (frown), quality is good however, TAD says they stand by the product and the warranty appears to be the same as it was when I used to buy stuff in '09 and before. No major defects that I could find yet, the merino is very nice for midday naps, breathes way better than I expected from something that is wool, still warm in the evenings when the weather cools down. I am somewhere between sizes so I chose the larger of the two and expect it to shrink when it gets washed/dried a few times. I will forget the care instructions so I assume this will happen shortly.

Thing is not a windbreaker, anything more than a light breeze will cool you down.

Thumbs up.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Back to da TAD thread...

Many of the products I own have held up extremely well. Others, not so much.

Latest piece to start end of life death spiral is my wife's Artemis sweater. She wears only a few times a year, really minimal, and its unraveling.

Scott Brady

Founder
I just got the Shag Master. Always wanted it but never pulled the trigger. It is super comfy and makes the best camp pillow ever made.

Oh, and everyone wants to pet you - sometimes a good thing, sometimes not so much ;)

Ed B

Adventurer
Be careful around the campfire with the Shag Master. The material melts when sparks hit it. I have a couple of melt spots on mine.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Back to da TAD thread...

Many of the products I own have held up extremely well. Others, not so much.

Latest piece to start end of life death spiral is my wife's Artemis sweater. She wears only a few times a year, really minimal, and its unraveling.

AFAIK this is a known issue with both the praetorian and the artemis. Is it the sleeves? I'd ask them to fix it...

Rezarf <><

Explorer
The stuff is well made. So, it is a quality product. However, when you only sell limited numbers to create a market of unobtainable products, you can charge more.

I would go elsewhere. After crappy customer service and never being able to get the items I want due to the market strategy they choose to use, I have decided I would rather support other companies.

This exactly, while I have had and enjoyed their gear, the strategy to make it unobtainium kills the deal for me. There are plenty of quality manufacturers out there today, I don't have time to play the game of hide and seek for the TAD gear stuff. Also, I have one of their packs the Litespeed, it is amazing, I bought it missing the beaver tail compartment, they won't sell me a new one, they keep saying they are going to sell them separately and I believe them, but its been over a year and I am moving on. For a $300 pack I expect a bit more from a high end company. Again, nothing against them, their products or reputation, its just HOW they choose to do business that has lost its magic for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles