Triple Aught Design

BrianTN

Adventurer
Are all of their clothes really made in the USA? I went to their web page, but didn't see anything on the page about where they make their clothing. If they make it in the USA, they should tout that on the web site, as I would be willing to pay a premium for their clothing based on that.

I have three TAD products. Two are made in China (merino hoodie and stealth? hoodie) and one is made in the USA (garage jacket). For the most part I like all three.

Bhos

Adventurer
What's the thigh fit like on your pants? I have big thighs, wear 34x30s, and so finding pants that don't restrict while being active is very hard. Most brands do not make a roomy enough pant.

@MC4X4: Ha, not till next year. I've asked several times.

Last edited:

JJSteeley

Hi there,

We tend to work well for guys with larger thighs. We did reduce some room in the thigh this year to reduce drag, but they remain pants designed for active use--so are not slim fitting.

You can always contact support@tripleaughtdesign.com for details on your product questions. Our support team is better able to handle inquiries in a timely fashion.

Thanks for your inquiry!

JJ

What's the thigh fit like on your pants? I have big thighs, wear 34x30s, and so finding pants that don't restrict while being active is very hard. Most brands do not make a roomy enough pant.

@MC4X4: Ha, not till next year. I've asked several times.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Hi there,

We tend to work well for guys with larger thighs. We did reduce some room in the thigh this year to reduce drag, but they remain pants designed for active use--so are not slim fitting.

You can always contact support@tripleaughtdesign.com for details on your product questions. Our support team is better able to handle inquiries in a timely fashion.

Thanks for your inquiry!

JJ

Yeah, I kind of don't like the redesign... it fits okay around my thighs but its a lot more snug a little further north... no, not the waist. Let's just say it can be disturbing to squat or sit down and get a "squeeze," which urgently causes you to drop everything to readjust. Just a bit uncomfortable especially if you're driving any distance.

Tell Patrick he can go back to the old design anytime for me.

Last edited:

Bhos

Adventurer
Sounds like we're in the same boat for fitting. I guess if they loosen the pants I'll look into getting them.

Yeah, I kind of don't like the redesign... it fits okay around my thighs but its a lot more snug a little further north... no, not the waist. Let's just say it can be disturbing to squat or sit down and get a "squeeze," which urgently causes you to drop everything to readjust. Just a bit uncomfortable especially if you're driving any distance.

Tell Patrick he can go back to the old design anytime for me.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Sounds like we're in the same boat for fitting. I guess if they loosen the pants I'll look into getting them.

I have several other earlier version TAD pants and they are great, but this last years redesign neglected to include the "ballroom" in the plans. :Wow1:

prometheus

Menagerist
Some of it is, some isn't. If you look under the specs tab on most clothing it will specify. I think all their fleece's are US made, along with the pants, and some other items.

• Our fleece jackets are made in California from Polartec.
• All of our pants are shorts are made in California from custom milled 50/50 NYCO to nylon wovens.
• All of our shirts/tops are made in California.
• Our merino wool styles are knitted in China from Australian and New Zealand yarns.
• Our softshells are currently made in Canada.
• Our nylon is sewn with MILSPEC materials and construction in California.
• Our billet and other hard goods are made in the USA, expect for our Survival Spark (Made in Japan).

Hope that gives you a wide view of our manufacturing origins. I'd say over 85% of our goods are made in North America, mostly in my home state of California.

prometheus

Menagerist
I have several other earlier version TAD pants and they are great, but this last years redesign neglected to include the "ballroom" in the plans. :Wow1:

Some body types might feel a difference in our new pattern due to the lowering of rise. The gusset for "swing room" is the same, however, if you hike up the new patterned pant to where the old pattern used to be, that room in the gusset may seem less. Ie, hiking up the pant to the where the waist used to be will effectively reduce the room in the gusset. We lowered the rise to accommodate our customer's feedback on fit and update the pattern. These F10's are not "low rise" by any means, but they are not of a high rise as they used to be. The current rise is considered a "medium" rise and fits the widest range of body types in our customer group. So, try the pant on with the waist so it rides just above the hip and this is where the pant is meant to sit. Hope that helps explain some of how the new patterning works.

Ludedude

Adventurer
Some body types might feel a difference in our new pattern due to the lowering of rise. The gusset for "swing room" is the same, however, if you hike up the new patterned pant to where the old pattern used to be, that room in the gusset may seem less. Ie, hiking up the pant to the where the waist used to be will effectively reduce the room in the gusset. We lowered the rise to accommodate our customer's feedback on fit and update the pattern. These F10's are not "low rise" by any means, but they are not of a high rise as they used to be. The current rise is considered a "medium" rise and fits the widest range of body types in our customer group. So, try the pant on with the waist so it rides just above the hip and this is where the pant is meant to sit. Hope that helps explain some of how the new patterning works.

Just don't forget to channel Steve Jobs when you tell them they're doing it wrong :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier