Triple Aught Design

Wrek

I’m lost
Since after a couple years of lurking I've finally decided to register on here... I felt the need to post in here and say that my T.A.D. Ranger hoodie is one of the best purchases I've ever made. I bought it for my self with some tax return money a while back and it has been well worth every dollar.

Thank you TAD for creating quality products!

Ramjet

Explorer
Funny we end up on the same forums! Anyone on here pick up a dauntless? I have yet to pull the trigger on one.

I would if I could ever find one not sold out. I have too many pieces to list, but I do love how bomb proof their clothes are. I don't particularly care for their packs, but to each his own. I do own a GoRuck, though.

Scott Brady

Founder
Siberia

222103_10151427219543275_1656150667_n.jpg

I appreciate that most of the gear is made in the USA.

ol' scott

Adventurer
$47 for a spork? No matter how great their gear is, having a spork listed for $47 and a decorative bead that you can add to your lanyard for $135 makes me feel like somebody is getting ripped off. They may be a great, made in American company with gear you can hand down to your son but seeing that stuff on there makes me think they're overcharging for their product.

Ramjet

Explorer
$47 for a spork? No matter how great their gear is, having a spork listed for $47 and a decorative bead that you can add to your lanyard for $135 makes me feel like somebody is getting ripped off. They may be a great, made in American company with gear you can hand down to your son but seeing that stuff on there makes me think they're overcharging for their product.

Going to have to agree with you on that one.

762X39

Explorer
I had a look at the stuff like the hand crafted sterling silver bead. It may be a bit over the top for some people but that hardly means it is over priced. Hand made stuff with attention to detail and real value for money seems out of fashion in this "Wal Mart" environment but some of us are interested in and willing to pay for it and appreciate that it keeps American (or in my case Canadian) artisans and craftsmen working. The company I work for is expensive to hire and we are rarely the low bid but we are busy as hell because our customers understand the value of of our service and attention to detail. We are often called in after the warranty period (of a job we didn't get) to make things right. To make a long story short, if you don't see the value fine. You may be perfectly happy with something else but that doesn't make the TAD stuff over-priced but merely out of your reach.:coffee:

Last edited:

toymaster

Explorer
^^^ Well said and I agree with you 100% and we also have to temper that with the well known saying "there is a fool born every minute". Know what you are buying and ensure it is the quality you are paying for.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Hand made stuff with attention to detail and real value for money seems out of fashion in this "Wal Mart" environment but some of us are interested in and willing to pay for it and appreciate that it keeps American (or in my case Canadian) artisans and craftsmen working.

x2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior