Triple Aught Design

Scott Brady

Founder
Is anyone else feeling the love with this TAD Gear stuff? It is great to find a company that makes serious shells, etc. that understands our way of travel, etc.

I just picked up the Stealth Hoodie and a few of their Overlander shirts
media.nl

Overland shirt (nice product name)
media.nl

When I visited their offices in San Francisco a few weeks ago, they were all riding KTMs or driving Toyotas - pretty sweet. The owner, Patrick's FJ40 diesel is excellent, and looks right at home in their industrial themed offices. :drool:
TAD_Gear_.jpg

Has anyone else discovered these guys?

Momrocks

Adventurer
Has anyone else discovered these guys?

I’ve been aware of TAD Gear for about six months. It looks like they sell good products but it is a little too expensive for me to test. They are in a pretty competitive market and some of their direct competitors come in at a better price point.

:)… I can’t imagine their competition drives a cooler LC than that diesel though.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Yes, I have. And I got it bad. Their attention to detail in their American made products is unparalleled. Recently they had a problem with a lock stitch on a coin pocket. They notified purchasers and recalled the product to repair the defect and pulled items from the shelf to make the mend. How's that for integrity!

Their pants and shorts fit me perfectly and are super comfortable. Only problem is they make them in small controlled batches so you have to jump on the offerings as they're posted.

My Raptor hardshell is durable and the most waterproof/windproof jacket I own. Superior to the ECWCS Gortex jackets I've used for years and more inconspicuous for everyday wear than camoflauge.

Also have one of their ruck sacks which is superior in features and craftsmanship from any others I've had over the years from London Bridge to Eagle. I use my rucks daily - not as just an urban accessory but all over the world through military operations and exercises. Good piece of gear.

Pricing is not for the feint of heart but I purchase for quality and durability. It's not like I'm going to grow out of 'em...

You wouldn't skimp on building your truck would you?

Last edited:

gjackson

FRGS
I used their stuff in Central America and it was great. The raptor jacket and the synthetic pants were particularly useful in a rainy environment. Very good stuff.

cheers

07 Elephant

Adventurer
I dig their products for sure. I can't find their fastpack on the site anymore though. The pack was reviewed in OJ a couple issues ago. Nice pack. I put off getting it and now that I have a hunt scheduled for mid November I went back to pull the trigger and it's not available.

DonL

I've had those two items in my cart for the past month. I've been waiting for a gear bag and their Spartan pants in my size to show up. I guess I will have to pull the trigger and wait on the other items.

I served over 14 years in the US Army and have always been apprehensive about buying anything remotely military in styling since getting out. But since I have come across their website via Expedition Journal, I'm always drooling.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I love their stuff.

I got the stealth hoodie last year (finally got one on sale at their Christmas blowout) I love pockets and this thing has a lot of them...
100_3359.jpg

I've also have one of their old school Tee shirts that gets a lot of comments from them when they see me in it.
Kauai07025.jpg

I've been meaning to get down to the store since they revamped it.

Cool guys and cool gear for sure.

Ludedude

Adventurer
They're pretty well known in the "private security" field. Some friends turned me on to them a few years back. Good stuff for sure :)

Oxcart13

Observer
I have several packs and jackets - quality items. Like crack, this stuff. With their limited runs you have to pull the trigger quickly. Ebay is not a bad place to find items as well.

Last edited:

joker2041

Adventurer
I have been wearing their gear for about 5 years, and they do make some killer stuff. The prices are a little high. I have had several of there jackets. Including their battle hoodie while over in A-Stan.

MotoDave

Explorer
I've been beating on a stealth hoodie for 3 years now, and its still my go to jacket. The best windstopper fabric I've come across by far. Their gear isn't cheap, but it holds up.

Jeff H

Adventurer
I purchased the TADGear Stealth jacket in spring of '09 and love it. I've been addicted to their gear ever since. In fact I plan on selling that jacket (its gotten too small) and replacing it with a different TAD shell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior