Trip to Steep Point, Western Australia

Cruisn

Adventurer
And this one includes a 105 series landcruiser!!

Mate doesn't get around a heap so upon discussion I took some time off over christmas and we headed out on an adventure. I hit a few of my basic stops. but this time I went further into the bush in most locations, and along steep point I headed further south than I have to date. and I still have more to explore to date. Did about 2500kms in total over 7 days. now enough of this text crap. lets jsut get onto the photos.

Rockin out of perth on the kwinana freeway, normal bumper to bumper, dec 25th at 6am... empty ahahahaahah

First stop for the day, stock yard gulley. small cave to go on a hike through, after a shortcut (read deadend) found the regular track and motored onto the cave:
dead end track:

There we go, back on track:

Entrance to the caves:

A quick rest stop at the pink lake is a must to stretch the legs, I have never seen it with this much crystal build up:

First stop on the trip, lucky bay, the issue with summer is the wind blown sand, we had heaps of issues, I was running 12psi front and rear, still getting bogged, ended up down at 8/9psi front and rear jsut to float. mate was at 12 but had fatter tyres. as you can see from the stuck photo, after jsut 2 minutes the wind had swept the ruts smooth: (no tow needed, jsut a down pressure)

Howling wind:

sunset:

Day 2:

May as well have a play in the sand, thats the point right. nothing beats dropping down some steep dunes:

Since I was at the top of the hill I posed for a photo, the little paj is turbo so can climb basically anything but mates cruiser is jsut a n/a 4.2L diesel. shes slow but will go all day, except for a steep hill climb.

struggle town, and I had already cut the top off for him

A quick refuel and camp overnight in Kalbari seen us heading to the park for a hike, 50c out. hike was limited due to water issues. 3L's for us in about 4kms then we had to head back.

Now, sausage rolls are the key to life, so might as well buy a frozen one, well 2, and put them in the engine bay, 4 hours later, bam, good food.

Old chimney from a lead smelter.

Onto steep point, 3 days here. 470km round trip from fuel stations off road.

Cruisn

Adventurer
First night at the point, hard parking is mandatory:

Campsite setup:

Just a few randoms of driving around and fishing the cliffs:

Mmmmm brekky:

Rockin out back to the highway, time to air up

So 470kms is a little far for the shorty to make on a tank...

For the the route home I didnt feel like taking the higway , so we cut into the outback and headed to murchison station. nothing beats the red dirt

The road is the land strip for the royal flying doctor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94