Trip "C" M416 build

tripc

Observer
Here are some finished shots. I still have a couple of things to do, but needed ready for the summit.

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_6419.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_6059.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_9108-1.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Looks great and matches the Yota nice!
What is your thoughts on the awning, Looks like it does a good job in the rain.
What brand and where did you get it?

tripc

Observer
Awning is nice. Its a camping labs. I think it is the biggest one you can get. If it wasnt for that. The 5 day stretch of rain everyday would not have been very nice. Got it off the forum new...

Last edited:

hesterj

Adventurer
What are you going to do with the old rims/tires? I need a spare for my M416 and would rather buy local then the one I found online.
Pm me if you want to unload them. Thanks.

Edit:
Thanks for the rims and tires. We got home after that long run safe. Plan to dismount and sandblast the rims in the morning after coffee.
Good luck with your trailer build. I hope to have mine looking as nice as yours soon.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/my-little-m416-1209794/

Last edited:

DonBeasley

Adventurer
It looks great!!!!

Harbor Freight should do some kind of deal for the M416 trailer owners. Everyone of us has that tongue box!!!!!!!!

Hard to tell, did you put electrical in the tongue box? It looks like switches on the side?

You ready to tow it to ExPo next year in AZ? We are going again from McKinney.

tripc

Observer
It looks great!!!!

Harbor Freight should do some kind of deal for the M416 trailer owners. Everyone of us has that tongue box!!!!!!!!

Hard to tell, did you put electrical in the tongue box? It looks like switches on the side?

You ready to tow it to ExPo next year in AZ? We are going again from McKinney.

I do have a deep cycle in the tongue box. It is used to power my awning lights and the bed lights. In the future it will also work the water pump and remaining lights I am going to put on the trailer. I dont know about the EXPO. Sounds fun but Im in the car business. So I work alot of hours. We need to hook up and pick each others brains about our trailers..

Chris Vitale

D90, M416
Nice build. I like the simplicity to this and considering something very similar for my M416 build. Now that your build is mostly complete, is there anything you would change, knowing what you know now?

tripc

Observer
I love doing this kind of thing. From what I know now. I would of

1. Not done a soa with 35. It looks cool but very high and top heavy. Haven't had a problem but I cringe going over to narly of a trail.
2. I now hate grinding metal. Bad snot for a couple days if you don't have a good respirator!!
3. Got the tub and frame powder coated instead of spray paint. Chips very easy but cheap!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles