Tricking the Air Suspension in a Range?

JumpJ

Adventurer
Several years ago I converted a RR Sport into an Overlander. Instead of replacing the suspension I bought an attachment that tricked the air suspension into staying up. It was brilliants just a couple of metal clips. I want to know if I can do it to a 2019 Ranger Rover? Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Ducstrom

I had a Ram with the air suspension, not sure how similar it is but pulling the fuse for the air suspension system in the Ram would make it stay at whatever height it was when the fuse was pulled.
I would just get a 'service air suspension' warning at start up. Nothing else seemed to be affected.

garrycol

I prefer to use LLAMs https://www.llams.com.au/ as it allows you to use the full range of the suspension without the speed restriction and having the suspension constantly jacked up.

I can drive around normally with my suspension at 20mm below onroad height or at the push of a button go the the equivalent of super extended height. Not sure but I believe kits are available for the latest Range Rover Sport.

IMG_0517

Blaise

Don't. You're defeating the whole purpose of air suspension, which is that you don't have to deal with the downsides of driving around at full height - especially center of gravity for rollover mitigation and general handling. And if you run crap like Johnson rods you're just topping out your suspension in any off-road scenario. Trust me, I actually off road my Rover...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles