Treeline Aspen

Wallygator

Adventurer
I have tried to search so I apologize if there is another thread about this. I am in the process of researching all the tents and came across the Treeline Aspen tent. Their website says it is currently not available in the US but I'm sure this is only temporary. There is not a lot out there on the web about this tent and it looks like a pretty durable design. Does anyone have any experience with this tent? Thoughts? Thanks.

https://treelineoutdoors.com/products/the-aspen-hardshell

4lowgo

Treeline outdoors makes a GREAT product. I bought their tamarack tent to take on my honeymoon mainly because it was a Canadian company but also because of the materials used, the tent and it's rainfly are thicker and more durable than my brothers tepui. It came with alot of the mods people suggest on here already done to it, the canvas is mega strong and construction was superb.
I can only imagine that their hard shell tent is supreme, and of the same quality as the soft fold out

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
661475f306b8c0375e60c31bc98b282f.jpg

Last edited:

4lowgo

Yeah that warping of the top cover is pretty intense. I'm shocked that this isn't something Treeline would have picked up on, because the temperature swing Crazy Schooner experienced really could be worse in Alberta where the manufacturer is located.
Here's to hoping that it's a defect part that can be replaced. Has the company had any response or advice about the issue?

4lowgo

Well that's good news that they intend to do right for the customer and swap it out. Hopefully the new one is good to go without the warping issue. Ive read online about similar things happening to roto molded cooler lids actually. I don't know the tent lid construction well enough to make comparisons but those warped coolers were isolated incidents as well.

And I do love treeline. So I'm glad they're fixing you up! If you decide to switch to a different model pm me. Their tents are hard to find much online "discussion" or representation on, but have many great features that Imo edge out some of the competitors.
d2f61072e148b9a77c3a1d33025ef785.jpg

Last edited:

rickc

Adventurer
one fix would be to install solar panels on the lid to prevent the black plastic from cooking and protect it from UV.

4lowgo

Yeah no doubt the brick effect is real haha what aerodynamics?

Last edited:

Wallygator

Adventurer
Thank you everyone for your replies and thank you Crazy Schooner for your honest review. I was hoping this was the one, now I'm not so sure. Please report back if you have any issues with the new one Treeline gives you.

Alta22

I bought an Autohome Airtop last night to try out. This is number #9 I think.

ARB Pilabra
TJM Boulia
Rocky Mountain Xpedition Hardshell
Authome Columbus Hardshell
CVT MT Shasta
Hannibal Impi Hardshell
Non branded Version of the CVT Mt St Helens
Treeline Aspen Hardshell
Currently
Autohome Airtop Hardshell

Disappointing to hear about the issues you had with the Aspen. I am 6'2" and really want the Aspen to work for me. I am planning to go look at them at Treelines shop in the near future. I am a big fan of the Aspens price, features and material.

I am looking into Autohome as well. How would you compare the Air top the the Columbus?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles