Traxide dual battery kit (LR3/D3); any comments on which version?

jerdog53

Explorer
All,

I'm ready to go dual battery and want to run Traxide after reading all the great things about it. My goal eventually is to be able to run the dual batteries, multiple functions such as compressor, fridge, all the whizbang USB functions, laptop/Ipad Nav, etc... and have the ability to recharge via the house and solar.

My point is, I want all and not have to crack into the interior again after the install.

I feel a bit confused by the last two kits on the Traxide site and want to see if there is any further opinion on the "Bells and Whistles" differences of the:

D3-DS
http://www.traxide.com.au/complete-diy-dual-battery/land-rover-dbs-kits/discovery-3-dbs-kits/d3-ds--sc80--abg-25--fpc.html

D3-DU
http://www.traxide.com.au/complete-diy-dual-battery/land-rover-dbs-kits/discovery-3-dbs-kits/d3-du--usi-160--abg-25--fpc.html

Any advice would be greatly appreciated from you all. FYI, I love the install ideas so I am surely using your advice for my install when my kit shows up and expect many questions.

Mahalo from Hawaii,

E

The difference in the two is the controller and you want the one with the USI-160.

unseenone

Explorer
Tell Tim we sent you. If you have questions, he will be happy to take your call, or PM me, and I'll send you my phone # and you can call me with questions.

As the guys stated, you want the 2nd one, the 160..

Tell Tim we sent you. If you have questions, he will be happy to take your call, or PM me, and I'll send you my phone # and you can call me with questions.

As the guys stated, you want the 2nd one, the 160..

That's great, much appreciated. Also, only place to buy is direct from Traxide in Oz yeah?

Ray_G

Explorer
160 Ray- I've got it as well. You can order it with or without the wiring. I did without, and did my own wiring. Tim will work with you to provide you just what you need.

For the sake of follow up, just finished placing the order for the 160 basic kit since I have most of the stuff in the back already wired in, I'll just move that wiring over to the Aux battery. As you mentioned, Tim is easy to work with and very responsive-and rightly pointed out that exchange rates between Australian Dollars to USD right now works in our favor. Given that I don't have time to go hunt through the industrial area for all the bits and pieces the kit was by far the best choice for me. Looking forward to install!

unseenone

Explorer
You won't regret it. IMO you want a Deka European style 2nd battery. Did you order the kit complete with all the wiring and bits. When you are ready to install, let us know, for a few tips. If you are installing the power connector in the rear hitch area, you should also source a small tube of Clear Silocone RTV 2. You'll also want battery terminals, I went with the gold colored ones, typically seen in high end audio installs.

Lots of pictures in my gallery, and plenty of folks here who have installed them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior