Travis's PNW Lexus LX570

tbisaacs

Adventurer
Howdy everyone - I wanted to introduce you to my 2008 Lexus LX570. I got my start on Expedition Portal in the Domestic / Full Size forums with my 2004 Chevy Z71. It was a great truck for as long as I owned but ultimately it lived up to it's reputation and ate it's own 4L60e. After that I moved on and bought my LX.

I bought my LX bone stock, mom-certified with 96K miles. It does not have the "premium" package so no Mark Levinson, no DVD screens, no power 3rd row. It had clearly never left pavement. I promptly rectified that—ignoring the fact that it still wore 20" wheels and p-metric Bridgestone Duellers.

IMG_3380.JPG

3 years later, here's how I've modified the truck to suite my needs:
  • "Full size" Toyota Land Cruiser 200 roof rack with 4 custom 8020 extruded aluminum cross bars
  • 18" Toyota Tundra SR5 wheels, rattle-canned with VHT wheel paint
  • 25mm/1" billet aluminum wheel spacers
  • 275/70/18 Cooper STT Pro tires (previously had Falken AT/3Ws)
  • Slee LX570 sliders
  • Baja Squadron SAE fog lights with Tundra fit kit
  • Trail Tailor front and rear recovery points
  • ARB dual compressor mounted on a Slee bracket
  • X2 Power 27F AGM battery
  • Hard-mounted Noco 4A trickle charger (it's not a daily driver)
  • DIY cargo drawers with a Dometic fridge slide
  • ARB 50l refrigerator
  • Goal Zero lithium battery
  • Blue sea Marine panel in the cargo area
As she sits today

p5F5UMc.jpg

LLkhjrb.jpg

10KEvwJ.jpg

RrHUAJD.jpg

kooaSZr.jpg

DFXgkba.jpg

gmnhLjS.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Good to see that you made it over here from Mud. I don't think I've seen your 200 with the Cooper MT's before, it looks great! I am assuming that you've done the AHC sensor lift or are you simply running in High mode when off-road? Who makes the 1" wheel spacers? I ask because I am starting to amass parts for our 2019 and I plan to run 18" Toyota/Lexus wheels as well and I'll need spacers with the AHC sensor lift and BFG 35's.

GTV

Bora makes very high quality spacers in made to order widths. I’m currently running Bora 3/4” spacers on my rig.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Who makes the 1" wheel spacers?
H&R also makes a very nice spacer with the studs being spline type pressed in from behind rather than the thread in type some others use. I've never seen the Bora. The HR I got for my rover are available in 25mm and 30mm

tbisaacs

Adventurer
Good to see that you made it over here from Mud. I don't think I've seen your 200 with the Cooper MT's before, it looks great! I am assuming that you've done the AHC sensor lift or are you simply running in High mode when off-road? Who makes the 1" wheel spacers? I ask because I am starting to amass parts for our 2019 and I plan to run 18" Toyota/Lexus wheels as well and I'll need spacers with the AHC sensor lift and BFG 35's.

Just the sensor lift but some pics are in high.

I don’t remember the brand but spacers came off if eBay. Very high quality, pressed in studs etc. 30k+ miles and no issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis (is that corect?) I have a 2010 Lexus LX570 that I'm contemplating rigging up for trips north (Ontario) on the abandoned mining and logging roads north of here (Toronto). I saw your list of accessories. Question: Why did you choose 3/4" wheel spacers, and not thinker? Hoping you visit this thread occassionally, Thomas

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Travis (is that corect?) I have a 2010 Lexus LX570 that I'm contemplating rigging up for trips north (Ontario) on the abandoned mining and logging roads north of here (Toronto). I saw your list of accessories. Question: Why did you choose 3/4" wheel spacers, and not thinker? Hoping you visit this thread occassionally, Thomas

If not, you can reach him over in ih8mud as well, he's very active over there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles