Travel bed for kid

DoraExplorer

Hi everyone, i hope you are doing well!
We are going to have a little holiday trip with my partner and our 6 years old daughter. We were invited to my partner's family house, which is in another state. Bearing in mind all circumstances we decided to buy a toddler bed for travel. It should be compact and good for my baby's sleep and health. What can you recommend? I should say that i've never faced with these types of beds, so i accept any ideas on that!

rickmac

For my 6 year old those would be very small. We use hiking inflatable pads for my kids when traveling. Tiny and light to pack and can also use them camping and they will not outgrow them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Cot with foam topper and sleeping bag. My grandkids love them when they come visit us. Picked it up at WalMart. Perfect for young children.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Holiday trip w/ a 6 year old? I vote "pile of quilts on the floor". If you want to make it extra-memorable, add "blanket fort".

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Inflatable pad or even the cheap foam roll up one's from Walmart. My little kids are comfy on either and they pack small. I vote for the foam one since kids like to jump and move quickly. They WILL pop an inflatable pad. Guaranteed.

If you definitely want a cot, the roll-a-cot is definitely the smallest packing one that is super comfy. They always do sales on blemishes that you can't distinguish from the perfect ones.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Dog bed at Walmart. Cheap, easy, and kids love it. My toddler still naps in one in front of the fireplace constantly. Sometimes I join her. We don’t have a dog so there isn’t an issue with territory.

On edit: My wife thought I was a world class moron for suggesting dog bed, then slowly agreed that I was right when she saw how much all of our girls love it.

Last edited:

DoraExplorer

Dog bed at Walmart. Cheap, easy, and kids love it. My toddler still naps in one in front of the fireplace constantly. Sometimes I join her. We don’t have a dog so there isn’t an issue with territory.

On edit: My wife thought I was a world class moron for suggesting dog bed, then slowly agreed that I was right when she saw how much all of our girls love it.

The father of the year award goes to... :ROFLMAO:

Stabwell

The father of the year award goes to... :ROFLMAO:

Is it a dog bed if a dog has never slept on it? It's not. It's just a compact mattress.

We visited a friend in Dublin last year. He's single and never been around kids. We asked to see if he had a place our 2 year old could sleep. We've never shared a bed with our son. He borrowed a toddler bed/pack and play mattress from a co-worker and put it on the floor in our bedroom. Looked like a dog bed to me. My son slept on it every night we were there. Never once worried about him rolling off it.

Back at home, someone gave him a teepee style tent for his room. Square dog bed from Costco fits perfectly inside the tent. He often takes naps on it in the afternoons.

I second the recommendation for a dog bed mattress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles