Trasharoo w/ExPo Logo Group Buy - Round 5!

swoope18

Installed mine

2015-09-26 14.15.53.jpg

Think so? Nylon vs paint or dust impregnated nylon, hmmm, shizz. Might be right dang. Now it either lift or new rear with tire swing out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but you should keep an eye on it if you care much about the paint. You could also get some stick on rubber pads from home depot or lowes and place them anywhere it makes contact with paint or window.

ReaperFj

Received mine thanks! Anyone know how much wood I can put in there? I have an Fj cruiser so guessing it depends on on my spare tire mount?

Last edited:

Chili

Explorer
Received mine thanks! Anyone know how much wood I can put in there? I have an Fj cruiser so guessing it depends on on my spare tire mount?

According to the Trasharoo site, the weight capacity is 50 lbs for the bag.. But you're right, you would want to be sure it's safe to carry that much (plus your wheel / tire) on your mount. Not really sure if you will be able to find published specs for that though.

fireball

Explorer
I'm looking for a green one with black logo to replace mine that saw a few hard years of good use. PM me if you have an extra to sell. Thanks!

Ivan

Lost in Space
I could be wrong, but you should keep an eye on it if you care much about the paint. You could also get some stick on rubber pads from home depot or lowes and place them anywhere it makes contact with paint or window.

Plastidip black the contact area. Easy to touch up, easy to remove, should protect the original paint, and the $10 can should last a while considering the small area.

Soo... when is the next group buy?

quarkster

I'd be cautious if you are considering driving off-road with the 'roo loaded up with firewood.

There was a recent thread on fjcruiserforums about rear door cracking at the spare tire mount after regularly carrying a substantial load of firewood in a 'roo. Hard to pinpoint the exact cause, but it's easy to add a lot of weight, and it's cantilevered out past the spare so there is a lot of leverage trying to tear the spare mount off the door. Additionally, the impact loading from jouncing along a rough road can be several times the static weight of the wood.

I'd use it for trash, and load the firewood on-board or on the roof.

ReaperFj

According to the Trasharoo site, the weight capacity is 50 lbs for the bag.. But you're right, you would want to be sure it's safe to carry that much (plus your wheel / tire) on your mount. Not really sure if you will be able to find published specs for that though.

Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
I am checking with Dave now about a group buy starting in November and ending in time to be delivered by Christmas. I'll report back soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94