Trash/waste... what to do...

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I haven't had luck searching... What does everyone do about trash and waste? I have traveled with the Army for 28 years... I'm good at camping out, but sometimes the Army leaves a wake of destruction in it's path. We just have a trash bag in the truck, use portta potties, or Gatorade bottles, (or the great outdoors). I figure a small chemical toilet... but how well do they travel off road? My other idea is a 5 gal bucket and kitty litter I can't leave a mess in a national park, and I don't want a mess in my truck. I need a solution for off road travel.

stioc

Expedition Leader
I couldn't find a Trasharoo that fit my truck so I made a Trasharee :elkgrin:

_DSC0667_zpscb58ff78.jpg

grimbo

Explorer
We also try and get rid of as much waste before leaving, unnecessary packaging goes in the home bins. Transfer some foods into resealable, reusable containers. Amazing how much rubbish you can cull by doing this prior to a trip

6x6pinz

Adventurer
trasharoo on the spare tire and a Global Passport porta potty for the wife. When she is along the trails are not super technical and we have had no issues with leakage.

We use an old sealine bag. Just clip it to my spare tire. After we dump it I squirt a little soap and water in it and let it aggitate on the trail. BTW some people wash clothes that way.

Eliminating waste is a great idea too. Prep your meat and store in freezer bags. You can pre cut veggies too. Of course beer in a can is easier and safer than bottles..

LR Max

Local Oaf
Trasharoo brings so much epic win. Put a liner in it and all is well. Strap it to the rear of your rig and go. Also you can put a tow strap in the front-front pocket for easy access.

Check Southeast Overland. They have em. Can get them to you quick.

Speaker

Adventurer
Pack your unrefrigerated food in 20mil ammo cans lined with trash bags, eat the food, use the can as a... uh... trash can

Silver dude

Xplorer
Thick trash bag tied to the spare tire when at camp. When I pack up I tie the bag and bungee net it tight to the roof rack. Hauls the luggable loo waste bags just fine. The loo bags are like double sealed two ziplock bags. We've held liquids and solids no issue. Usually toss it in the trash once back at the gas station. I've considered a trasharoo and other options but ole trash bags can be cheap, tossed and forgot. If it leaks it leaks on the outside of the vehicle rather then inside of something. Which is easy to spray off with the road grime later. I'll admit its not genius or inspiring but it is cheap and doesn't smell up the cab.

craig333

Expedition Leader
Trasharoo and wag bags for the Jeep. Camper has a porta potty (never had an issue no matter how rough the road) and I just use regular trash bags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles