Transmission/T-Case Underbody Armor for DII?

Lono

Adventurer
Title pretty much says it: I'm looking for some (U.S. available) underbody protection for those "underbelly" areas of the truck. Already have diff armor for front and rear, a steering guard and have a fuel tank guard lined up. A hard damage-inducing hit in this area has me looking to cover it up. Internet searches have been surprisingly unhelpful, so once again, I turn to the incredible knowledge base that is the Expedition Portal Forum.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

owhiting

Supporting Sponsor
Land Rover Disco II under body protection and more

Attached are pictures of some of the products we offer for the Land Rover Discovery II.
Give me a call or shoot an email to owhiting@q.com

Attachments

• 539062.jpg
    539062.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 539070.jpg
    539070.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 539113.jpg
    539113.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 6
  • 538113.jpg
    538113.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 539003.jpg
    539003.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 6
  • DISCOVERY-2-Skid-Plate-Layout.jpg
    DISCOVERY-2-Skid-Plate-Layout.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 10

Red90

Adventurer
I've never seen a need. The boxes are above the bottom of the frame. I've never seen anyone damage one. It is not like a Jeep where they hang down low.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Drew A. has one on his truck from Terrafirma. Nice design, but it requires you to keep your prop-shaft crossmember for mounting and I've only seen it cause him to get more stuck.

Drover

Adventurer
Sorry, Drew has never gotten stuck, EVER!

You got it right at VOR Steve! We need to take our show on the road!
If I remember correctly, Zach got high centered the first day , and I had to winch him off!! The time he's referring to, I slid off that culvert and my right rear tire went off in the ditch.

Lono

Adventurer
Rocky, owhiting, and Rovertrader in particular, thanks for the very helpful and relevant info. Asfir wasn't on my radar for this and looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help.
Zack, thanks for the feedback on the TF piece. Good to know, even if Drew has never been stuck…ever. ;)

mongosd2 and Red90, with all due respect, did you guys even read my original post? "save my money"…"never seen a need"… I posted that I just experienced a hard, damage inducing hit in this area… I know its par for the course on these forums, but I still never understand responses like this when someone posts looking for actual, factual information and people feel compelled to reply instead with opinions that in no way answer the question. Not trying top be rude, but whats up with that?

Again, guys, the Asfir replies are gold, thanks again.

Steve

mongosd2

Adventurer
Whatever, all they do is collect **** and cause heat build up. It's not a opinion but actual experience with them, but hey, knock yourself out…

Lono

Adventurer
Whatever, all they do is collect **** and cause heat build up. It's not a opinion but actual experience with them, but hey, knock yourself out…

See, what you just posted, while still in no way answering my simple question which was asking for sources for these parts, at least might have been useful, even welcomed information, as opposed to your original statement of "save your money". And while I might be interested in your opinion about heat buildup and "**** collection", lets be clear: its still just an opinion and not a demonstrable fact until you show otherwise, and still has nothing to do with what the thread is about. I don't think that "all they do is collect ****" (an opinion, BTW). If I had had one on my truck this weekend I would have avoided a costly bit of damage. Thats more than just "collecting **** and caus(ing) heat buildup". I'm actually interested in your opinion about the heat buildup part, something I hadn't considered. But what could have been a useful, helpful reply on your part was nothing but unhelpful and kinda smarmy sounding. Like the second half of your second reply. I have an opinion about why you feel compelled to post replies like this, but we all have more important things to worry about here. Thanks for playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste