Transit AWD build overland style-I'm back in a van

coguzzi

Adventurer
here are a couple interior pics
GOPR9156.JPGGOPR9168.JPG
GOPR9182.JPGGOPR9194.JPG
GOPR9208.JPGIMG_5427.jpeg

and a "walk thru" video.
and it is true, one of my 2 rigs has to go.....so yes, i am putting this van for sale. here is a link to a really descriptive post in the classified section:

dman93

Adventurer
Excellent build, I have to say that after a lot of thought we turned ours over to a local outfitter; he did a great job (far better than we could have done) and it was mostly custom to our spec, but I always see some things looking at other builds ... “Arghh, we should have done that!” We did go for the full Redarc Redvision Manager 30R setup and it is very useful/usable without being too complex or gimmicky. With the large color screen and a few “hard” buttons we may never use the smartphone app.

coguzzi

Adventurer
Excellent build, I have to say that after a lot of thought we turned ours over to a local outfitter; he did a great job (far better than we could have done) and it was mostly custom to our spec, but I always see some things looking at other builds ... “Arghh, we should have done that!” We did go for the full Redarc Redvision Manager 30R setup and it is very useful/usable without being too complex or gimmicky. With the large color screen and a few “hard” buttons we may never use the smartphone app.
its why ive had so many vehicles, there is always something else i want to try....

coguzzi

Adventurer
i reduced the price on this van to $129,900 CAD or about $104,000 USD depending on the day. and since the border is opening in August, much easier now

zuren

Adventurer
i reduced the price on this van to $129,900 CAD or about $104,000 USD depending on the day. and since the border is opening in August, much easier now

Maybe I missed it in the previous pages, but I saw at the start of this thread that you were a van guy, then you went to truck + camper, then you bought and built this van. Were you always planning to "build to sell" or have you found that you just prefer the truck + camper setup over a van?

I ask because I had a van, sold it because the layout was not conducive to young kids being in the back seat (and it needed additional money/attention I couldn't give it), and need to begin thinking about a replacement for my aging station wagon. I keep going back and forth between an AWD fullsize van (e.g., Sprinter, Transit) or a crew cab truck with a sleeping solution in the bed. I need to sleep 2 adults and 2 kids.

Very nice craftsmanship, by the way! (y)

calicamper

Expedition Leader
No idea how but a local family 3 kids have a 4x4 sprinter sd length, all built up to seat 3 kids plus 2 parents and sleeps all of them. One of these days I’ll find out. Guessing two rear beds stacked?

coguzzi

Adventurer
Maybe I missed it in the previous pages, but I saw at the start of this thread that you were a van guy, then you went to truck + camper, then you bought and built this van. Were you always planning to "build to sell" or have you found that you just prefer the truck + camper setup over a van?

I ask because I had a van, sold it because the layout was not conducive to young kids being in the back seat (and it needed additional money/attention I couldn't give it), and need to begin thinking about a replacement for my aging station wagon. I keep going back and forth between an AWD fullsize van (e.g., Sprinter, Transit) or a crew cab truck with a sleeping solution in the bed. I need to sleep 2 adults and 2 kids.

Very nice craftsmanship, by the way! (y)
i didnt know what i was going to do when i started this build, it was kind of an experiment for me to test the platform, which i now know i that i love. i had several people ask me if i would sell it when done and because of this build i am so busy with customer work right now i dont have time to enjoy it. i figured rather than let it sit id put it out there. the four wheel camper is going for sale in a couple weeks to (doing 1 last small trip).

for 2 adults and 2 kids, any slide in truck camper or wedge camper is gonna be tough. as ive always said when i sold FWC and built vans, there is a perfect set up out there for everyone, this may not be the one for you, but perfect for the next guy

calicamper

Expedition Leader
i didnt know what i was going to do when i started this build, it was kind of an experiment for me to test the platform, which i now know i that i love. i had several people ask me if i would sell it when done and because of this build i am so busy with customer work right now i dont have time to enjoy it. i figured rather than let it sit id put it out there. the four wheel camper is going for sale in a couple weeks to (doing 1 last small trip).

for 2 adults and 2 kids, any slide in truck camper or wedge camper is gonna be tough. as ive always said when i sold FWC and built vans, there is a perfect set up out there for everyone, this may not be the one for you, but perfect for the next guy
Neighbors family of 5 had their sprinter setup as their family base at our local sporting even. They have a pop top ie top bunk area and rear bunk so they definitely have it set up for 5. I didn’t see how the seating setup was done.

coguzzi

Adventurer
listed my Four Wheel Camper set up for sale now that my vacation has come to an end. the van is dangerously close to becoming a permanent member of the family, just saying

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I am back in Quebec if you ever want to meet up - I'll be at the Massif (Charlevoix) riding mountain bike on Saturday...

coguzzi

Adventurer
this van is off on adventures with its new owner. I have another on order that i will 100% for sure be keeping for myself, but that order and delivery date is a whole other discussion/frustration. what is that saying "the cobblers kids dont have shoes", yeah--that works here.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94