Transit AWD build overland style-I'm back in a van

86scotty

Cynic
Very cool progress. Can you link that stove/oven combo? I have not seen one that compact, or modern looking for that matter. Very interested.

Thanks

coguzzi

Adventurer
Very cool progress. Can you link that stove/oven combo? I have not seen one that compact, or modern looking for that matter. Very interested.

Thanks
its a Furrion 17" (they have 21" to), which in the US seems easy to find--etrailer or where ever. in canada i had to look for a while. i like it the best because of the glass cover to give more counter space as well as splatter guard when up

86scotty

Cynic
Awesome. I zoomed in and got the name after I typed that post but thanks for the clarification. The 17" definitely fits the bill for me. Can't believe I've never heard of these.

Thanks

coguzzi

Adventurer
cabinets, drawers and doors--rinse and repeat
IMG_5334.jpg

plus tons of details like finished and tested all the plumbing, heating etc. sewing mosquito screens and cab dividers. i like to have a curtain separating the cab from living space, just what ive always preferred even though we make insulated cab window coverings for most people.
IMG_5323.jpg

pretty much down to finishing cabinets, sewing cushions and 1 more curtain

PS--truma combi is simply awesome

Last edited:

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
Looking good as usual! Is that a pex line at the upper back of the cabinet in the first pic?

coguzzi

Adventurer
and that is a wrap folks, here is the last build time lapse video, im calling the van done.

its been a big push to get this done and im gonna relax and maybe ride my motos for a couple weeks (actually behind on paying work--doh)

but here are a couple pics
IMG_5349.jpgIMG_5351.jpg
IMG_5359.jpgIMG_5372.jpg

shop dogs approved
G0019014.JPG

i felt the need to add a pop of color with the cushions

this is how i like to do the curtains, slider door.
IMG_5380.jpgIMG_5383.jpgIMG_5384.jpg

gonna do a walk thru video in the next few days highlighting all the details. one of my 2 rigs needs to go--just sayin. i really enjoyed the process even if im late on my timeline mostly due to covid related supply problems. i ordered everything WAY in advance before van even arrived, doesnt mean i got everything on time. such is life building a van in this weird time

Last edited:

Farfrumwork

Super sweet man!
Love the fabric.

When are you throwing on some meaty tires?

How long is the bed in that East-West config?

Edit: and you should drive it out to CO this summer!

Last edited:

coguzzi

Adventurer
View attachment 666596
Super sweet man!
Love the fabric.

When are you throwing on some meaty tires?

How long is the bed in that East-West config?

Edit: and you should drive it out to CO this summer!
any deserving tire is unobtanium right now, everything is back ordered. and im a tire snob, so........ but damn does it need some real tires, especially with the lift

bed is 74.75" x 57". its the max, any more would have to go flares for East/west.

AND, my plan was to be done early spring and i was gonna do a desert shake down trip--mojave or something. BUT, border is still closed and no sign of it opening anytime soon. hell, they just opened the Quebec/Ontario border today. dont think this 'merican/CO boy is gonna be able to come home anytime soon

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Thanks for the update! I am actually in Quebec myself (in quarantine) working on the van. Mine won't be anywhere as well polished as yours, but it should do the trick...

:)

Mother's pre-installation inspection.

Attachments

• IMG_1036.jpeg
    IMG_1036.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1051.jpeg
    IMG_1051.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1049.jpeg
    IMG_1049.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1037.jpeg
    IMG_1037.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 2750B933-6F1C-47BE-BA76-66D52BB46A04.jpeg
    2750B933-6F1C-47BE-BA76-66D52BB46A04.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 64530648110__8B80F3AF-0E2E-4A3F-A065-AFC9137BD080.jpeg
    64530648110__8B80F3AF-0E2E-4A3F-A065-AFC9137BD080.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1121.jpeg
    IMG_1121.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 56

coguzzi

Adventurer
Thanks for the update! I am actually in Quebec myself (in quarantine) working on the van. Mine won't be anywhere as well polished as yours, but it should do the trick...

Mother's pre-installation inspection.
let me know if you want to stop by for a beer (after quarantine). curious how you got across the border WITH the van, and also why you chose to come to QC to build. i call it the product black hole here, compounded by covid. cant even find a proper metric bolt here (had same problem when i lived in BC).

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
let me know if you want to stop by for a beer (after quarantine). curious how you got across the border WITH the van, and also why you chose to come to QC to build. i call it the product black hole here, compounded by covid. cant even find a proper metric bolt here (had same problem when i lived in BC).

thanks for the invite - I'll ping you.

Canadian can come back to Canada but have to quarantine.

I brought most stuff with me in the van from the USA...

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
and that is a wrap folks, here is the last build time lapse video, im calling the van done.

its been a big push to get this done and im gonna relax and maybe ride my motos for a couple weeks (actually behind on paying work--doh)

but here are a couple pics
View attachment 666585View attachment 666586
View attachment 666587View attachment 666588

shop dogs approved
View attachment 666597

i felt the need to add a pop of color with the cushions

this is how i like to do the curtains, slider door.
View attachment 666589View attachment 666590View attachment 666591

gonna do a walk thru video in the next few days highlighting all the details. one of my 2 rigs needs to go--just sayin. i really enjoyed the process even if im late on my timeline mostly due to covid related supply problems. i ordered everything WAY in advance before van even arrived, doesnt mean i got everything on time. such is life building a van in this weird time
Lots of cool ideas here.
What is the big white thing hanging in the back? Looks like it has to be removed before the bed comes down...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier