Trans Labrador Highway and other places of interest 2010

sunrisehiker

Adventurer
Hi.

My plans are to do this trip next year .

I have read on some other thread, that Jerry cans are forbidden on ferries.How did you manage to transport yours without any trouble ?

I was thinking about carry two new cans inside my LR3 and fill them up when need arises in once I get to a Labrador..

Great write up , BTW,I have a friend that has a family in LAB and I heard from him about those legendary swarms of mosquitos , black flies or both at the same time , depending on the season, when visiting,.

I am no stranger to both, dealing with both creatures on my many trips to Baxter state Park in Maine, but I heard , that the further north you go the more vicious these pesky insects are.I am thinking , however of August as the best month for this part of the Canada.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Ahhhh. My stomp in grounds. I have lots of adventuring around my home. NL is a lot bigger than you think.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

atarijedi

Hi.

My plans are to do this trip next year .

I have read on some other thread, that Jerry cans are forbidden on ferries.How did you manage to transport yours without any trouble ?

I was thinking about carry two new cans inside my LR3 and fill them up when need arises in once I get to a Labrador..

Great write up , BTW,I have a friend that has a family in LAB and I heard from him about those legendary swarms of mosquitos , black flies or both at the same time , depending on the season, when visiting,.

I am no stranger to both, dealing with both creatures on my many trips to Baxter state Park in Maine, but I heard , that the further north you go the more vicious these pesky insects are.I am thinking , however of August as the best month for this part of the Canada.

Not many people plan for this, but you should also take a ferry ride from Newfoundland to St. Pierre and Miqueleon. Then you can say you were also in France!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online