Trans Labrador Highway and other places of interest 2010

waynemaple

Observer
Great trip report and photos. Noticed one of your lights was absent on the front. Did you loose it on the bumpy roads? I have a knack for taking out birds on my road trips. Two windshields and an antenna so far. Nice to be away from civilization for awhile though isn't it.

The lens, frame and reflector fell off somewhere in Newfoundland while still on pavement. They were cheap and I am due for an upgrade anyways.

dzzz

Yeah, can't wait. That iconic Newfoundland Tourism photo is at the top of the climb up from Western Brook Pond
Gros_Morne_1.jpg

Wow. I pictured it more like the Maine coast.

I added a short video of us driving onto one of the ferry boats in post 7, added a video of Orma lake road in post 10 and a short summery in post 13.

Last edited:

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Gas can mount on cab

NE...... Your gas can mount, could you explain how you did this, possibly with some photos? Also just got home from the 2nd attempt to do all of JBR and TTR the TTR is great and so remote and beautiful, did it in two days, including up to Caniapiscau, in the rain, but no dust and no fires this time! thanks, stay safe, M J McDowell

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Excellent trip report Jason! I can understand why you didn't do the UP Overland trip but we missed you (I had a new GPS so I didn't need any emergency repairs!). I liked that you had a theme to your trip too.

I am thinking of breaking from the UPO thing next year to go somewhere a little farther too. I just don't know where yet.

Rhode Trip

Adventurer
Yeah, can't wait. That iconic Newfoundland Tourism photo is at the top of the climb up from Western Brook Pond
Gros_Morne_1.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

Awesome hike. We are so stoked after the Long Range Traverse that we are heading to New Hampshire today for a "Pemigewassett Traverse" over the next couple of days. I'll start a new thread for a few observations on Newfoundland and our Trans Lab Hwy trip, or as Lynn dubbed it: "the Long, Dirty Way Home" when I get some time.

Last edited:

achampagne

Explorer
IMG_0364.jpg

Awesome hike. We are so stoked after the Long Range Traverse that we are heading to New Hampshire today for a "Pemigewassett Traverse" over the next couple of days. I'll start a new thread for a few observations on Newfoundland and our Trans Lab Hwy trip, or as Lynn dubbed it: "the Long, Dirty Way Home" when I get some time.

Your in NH today????? I am right down the road!!! meet us tonight at Tony's Italian Restaurant for drinks and live bluegrass out side under the tent say around 7 ish? I'll drive the rover up. I would love to ******** chat for a while.

Tony's itlian grille
3674 Daniel Webster Highway
Thornton, NH 03285
(603) 745-3133

My names Adrian and My wife is Cara

Rhode Trip

Adventurer
Your in NH today????? I am right down the road!!! meet us tonight at Tony's Italian Restaurant for drinks and live bluegrass out side under the tent say around 7 ish? I'll drive the rover up. I would love to ******** chat for a while.

Tony's itlian grille
3674 Daniel Webster Highway
Thornton, NH 03285
(603) 745-3133

My names Adrian and My wife is Cara

Hey, sorry I missed your message, Adrian. Lynn and I drove up Saturday afternoon right through Thornton and had some time to kill before we crashed for the night off the Kanc. We got a lift Sunday morning up to Haystack Mtn Rd in Twin River, and then spent Sunday and Monday on our Pemi traverse, over the Twins and the Bonds. 21 miles and 6 mtns over 4,000 ft back to our truck at Lincoln Woods. We are in NH alot, so maybe we can do it another time.
Jim

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
Hey, sorry I missed your message, Adrian. Lynn and I drove up Saturday afternoon right through Thornton and had some time to kill before we crashed for the night off the Kanc. We got a lift Sunday morning up to Haystack Mtn Rd in Twin River, and then spent Sunday and Monday on our Pemi traverse, over the Twins and the Bonds. 21 miles and 6 mtns over 4,000 ft back to our truck at Lincoln Woods. We are in NH alot, so maybe we can do it another time.
Jim

Pemi traverse: Yet another hike to add to my list!

Did you hike the Mahoosuc stretch of the AT? (Grafton Notch to Gorham through Mahoosuc Notch.) If not I bet you'd enjoy that, too.

Cheers,
Graham

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier