trailshaman 2002 Trailblazer LT Build Thread

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
it made a little bracket for it because I wanted it to be stable.
photo (15).JPG
I have started to devolop a leak from my drivers side cvaxel. It is leaking from behind the tri pot, not the boot. Let me start off by saying Ive never replaced a cvaxel before. So do i just need to replace the cv axel or is there an internal seal wearing out?
photo (16).JPG

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Dont remember. Been awhile since I did that one. It was cheap IIRC. I think you can get from gmpartsdirect or one of the online plaes becasue I think all I have bought at dealer is autotrac II

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
Doing all the work on the truck this week ive changed rear diff fluid, plasti dipped one rim and installed a tranny cooler so far. Front diff, Drivers side axel seal, plasti dip rest of rims and transfer case are next!
Will add pics later.
Im going to finish my roof basket project next week and a few other odds and ends before my trip in a few weeks.

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
a lil update all fluids have been changed CV axel seal changed only thing i have left to do is roof basket and rims:wings:
also i found this picture I drew bout a year ago of what my plan for the truck was. thought id share it.
photo (17).JPG

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
ok got the all clear for the lift and bout most of the parts so far. Feel free to critique

front:
Marks 3inch lift
blistin Hd Shocks
Flip upper control arms

Rear:
Marks 2inch lift block
BDS 5500 series shocks and boots
Massive Speed Badwater adj Pan hard bar (to recenter axel)
Tahoe Z71 springs +1.5" (i may or may not use these)

Awhile After lift
Tires: BFG AT 33"
1.5" spacers

Last edited:

Saxis

I dunno, mine has 2" BDS + 1/2" shim in front with 2" BDS + Z71 in rear, and it has only a slight rake. 3" would probably level it out nicely...

Saxis

So you did not gain 1.5 inches from the z71s?

Not quite, but I didn't get accurate measurements of the rear when I did my lift either. I had the AirRide in the rear with the truck loaded and the front lifted when I parked to start the rear lift. Stock, it had a slight rake, and I came out with maybe a little more rake when completed. My closest guess is that I gained 3" in front, 3.5" in rear, so it would make sense that the Z71s did give me 1.5". Just not according to before/after measurements as the airbags were probably a little higher than normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles