Trailscape's 06 Tundra

smokeysevin

Observer
I picked up an 8” drop for my utility trailer. I was still a couple inches short of reaching the hitch with the jack fully extended. It also has a spring over axle

Some kind of step that works off the shackle mount could be great. I didn’t think of that one. The hitch location would be ideal butI’d need to relocate the license plate. It’s still an option.
You could go old school mini truck and do a spring loaded flip up/down plate.

Sean

trailscape

Explorer
You could go old school mini truck and do a spring loaded flip up/down plate.

Sean

Like this?
2fa15de6408d1b5aea4761a287eda83a.jpg

I’m trying that out with my old step here. I had to flip it upside down. It works in a pinch, but I was looking for something I could leave in place

trailscape

Explorer
Anyone have experience with PRP seats? Next goal is finding a more comfortable seat for those longer drives. I like the price and customizing options PRP has, but I can’t find a whole lot on actual comfort. I was also looking at the Scheel-Mann seats, but those are $$$$

smokeysevin

Observer
Anyone have experience with PRP seats? Next goal is finding a more comfortable seat for those longer drives. I like the price and customizing options PRP has, but I can’t find a whole lot on actual comfort. I was also looking at the Scheel-Mann seats, but those are $$$$
Prp makes awesome gear, their seats are on my list but not currently in budget. Let me see if I can find the link to abother tundra with them in it.

Prp comp elites, a member on dezert rangers has them.

Sean
b0c4766dc3a9fde294402aa9bba3982f.jpg

Last edited:

trailscape

Explorer
Prp makes awesome gear, their seats are on my list but not currently in budget. Let me see if I can find the link to abother tundra with them in it.

Prp comp elites, a member on dezert rangers has them.

Sean
b0c4766dc3a9fde294402aa9bba3982f.jpg

Those look nice.. I need to read more on that build. I’m looking at either the Summit or Enduro Elite seats under their daily driver section. Trying to decide if I really need the reclining option since removing the rear seats.

PRP Enduro.jpg

Last edited:

smokeysevin

Observer
Those look nice.. I need to read more on that build. I’m looking at either the Summit or Enduro Elite seats under their daily driver section. Trying to decide if I really need the reclining option since removing the rear seats.
Thats the big choice for me as well, I don't want to lose the option to recline but I also don't use it so its probably a non issue.

Sean

bkg

Explorer

I have PRP Daily Driver's in my xtracab. Affordable, comfortable.

Having said that, they sit a tad too low for me... and they make getting in and out of the truck a PITA. I also had to modify the seat belt mounts to make things work.

If i were to do it again, I'd definitely go with something that tilts.

trailscape

Explorer
I have PRP Daily Driver's in my xtracab. Affordable, comfortable.

Having said that, they sit a tad too low for me... and they make getting in and out of the truck a PITA. I also had to modify the seat belt mounts to make things work.

If i were to do it again, I'd definitely go with something that tilts.

Maybe I need to start cruising the salvage yards looking for the Goldilocks of seats..

trailscape

Explorer
View attachment 617513
05-07 WRX/STI seats fit really well from what I have seen. I have thought about seeing how my 19 WRX Recaro seats fit but I am pretty sure my wife would kill me if I tried.

Sean
Haha, yeah I bet.. But, for science?

It might be difficult finding a pair of those that aren’t also worn out. I kind of hate swapping one 15 year old seat for another. I’m seeing a lot of newer ones for decent pricing.

trailscape

Explorer
I’m looking to source a sheet of aluminum to replace the side window in the topper. Also considering a new interior layout. Where’s everyone get materials from?

trailscape

Explorer
Looks like about 16x78”. I could probably get away with two 39” pieces, but it’s less ideal.

I might just have to find somewhere local I can get a bunch of material. Wouldn’t mind having a few 4x8’ sheets for projects.

trailscape

Explorer
Been contemplating a front bumper again. I'm trying to decide between ARB, Brute Force or 4x4Labs. I'd really like a hybrid tube bumper, but there's not much out there for these trucks. Addicted Offroad makes one, but I'm not really feeling it.

Most of these aftermarket bumpers are also catering to the off road crowd. I want one that provides decent overall front end protection, so I'm not as concerned with the profile of say an ARB.

Kpack

Adventurer
I've never seen one of the ARB bumpers up close on a Tundra, but I have heard secondhand that they are kind of "jiggly". They stick out very far. I'm unfamiliar with the 4x4Labs bumper, so can't help there. I believe the Addicted Offroad bumper has to be welded in. The Brute Force Fab bumpers mate up perfectly to factory mounting locations, no welding. Mine has been 100% rock solid throughout everything I've put it through. The factory crush zones are untouched, so theoretically it shouldn't affect accident performance as much as a welded-in bumper. But I'm not a mechanical engineer so don't take my word for it.

I also like the hybrid tube bumpers. Brute Force Fab hasn't made them for the 1st gen Tundra, but they have made them for Tacoma's. I honestly don't think it would be difficult for them to whip one up for your Tundra. If you're looking for more front end protection you can do the full wrap around bars to protect the headlights and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles